Sports Saddest Professional Sports Teams?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Their management and transfer decisions have been atrocious in recent years. They should take 2-3 seasons to reboot at best without Messi and the other oldies.
Thing is, who wants to coach them now? That job is a revolving door atm and the fans are going to hate you for being the one that gets rid of all their idols while Real win every domestic title uncontested in that phase.
Yes they have fucked it. Before I got pinked from my newspaper app a lot of people said Barca have fucked it. I don't know how to fix them. Apparently Messi has told them he's off

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Yes they have fucked it. Before I got pinked from my newspaper app a lot of people said Barca have fucked it. I don't know how to fix them. Apparently Messi has told them he's off
Oh its not hard to fix em. They still got tremendous name value, income, and zero problems making the CL each year. They can still pick and chose and most players will heed their call.
You just need the backup from the higher ups to build a new team with a definite idea, which will take a little time.

They didn't quite know what to do lately. They tried to force it by buying expensive and flashy, and failed. Just look at their transfer work after Neymar left:
Coutinho, Dembele, Paulinho, Semedo, Yerry Mina, Marlon, Malcom, Lenglet, Arthur, Vidal, Griezman, de Jong just to name the most important.
They either have failed to make an impact, or are simply shit and / or old, or already gone again. All the while their great players went out of their prime more and more.

I rate de Jong but you can't have him shoulder that kind of pressure yet. He also didn't look fit lately. And Griezman certainly can still play an important role, maybe even Coutinho. Build a team around them, it can work. But Messi won't have that. Dembele seems a lost cause.

I doubt Messi leaves unless the club wants him to. He should still command a big fee even with only a year of contract left. As the commercial revenue he brings is crazy.
City would take him, no doubt about that. But I wonder if pep would be quite as keen if he stays. He would need to structure his team around a 33 year old that does not help defensively in a new and more demanding league. I dunno if that is smart business apart from the commercial angle.
I rather see PSG and Inter as more sensible destinations if it should happen.
Best for Barca is for Messi to stay but be okay with not playing the first fiddle anymore. Messi as inspiration for the new generation and as deadly threat from the bench.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
He would be a good pick-up for a lot of teams, but the 2020 Miami Dolphins are on another level. Only the best of the best will make our 53-man roster.
The Miami Dolphins wouldn’t make the playoffs in the CFL. I could see them and the Calgary Stampeders battling for the worst record in the league.

M

member 3289

The Miami Dolphins wouldn’t make the playoffs in the CFL. I could see them and the Calgary Stampeders battling for the worst record in the league.
I have heard from many different sources that the 2020 CFL season cancellation had absolutely NOTHING to do with covid.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
1. NFL - Cleveland Browns

• Super Bowls - 0 (they won the NFL championship in 1964, two years before the start of the Super Bowl era.
  • Last playoff appearance - 2002
  • TWO WINNING SEASONS SINCE 1999

2. NBA - Sacramento Kings

• Last NBA Championship - 1951
  • Last Division Title - 2003

3. MLB - Cleveland Indians

• Last World Series win - 1948
  • Always seem to have the worst luck, even when they have a decent team

4. NHL - Toronto Maple Leafs

• Last Stanley Cup - 1966
  • Last time advancing past first round of playoffs - 2004
  • Highest-paid offense in the league
  • Games always sell out (pre-covid), very passionate fanbase
  • Have the best American hockey player on their team (Auston Matthews)
  • Toronto = by far the largest city in Canada
  • Hockey = by far the most popular sport in Canada
  • Idk what's sadder about the Leafs, the team or their loser fans.

Feel free to add any teams/sports I haven't mentioned.
7F336505-5FAE-4DD3-A90B-3CAB6327EEFD.jpeg

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Not sure if it's been posted in the thread (probably has) but IIRC, the Detroit Tigers have drafted more Super Bowl winning quarterbacks than the Detroit Lions have.

??

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Right now the Denver Broncos are up near the top
Such a disaster right now

The rough part about it is that you leveraged your next 3-5 years to make it a shitshow
Took away the potential to be excited about the draft and currently you are pot committed statistically to the #30 QB in the NFL for a quarter Billion and 3-6 years

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015

The rough part about it is that you leveraged your next 3-5 years to make it a shitshow
Took away the potential to be excited about the draft and currently you are pot committed statistically to the #30 QB in the NFL for a quarter Billion and 3-6 years
WTF?

No team in the NFL has lost more games than the Raiders have in the last 20 years except the Browns.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
WTF?

No team in the NFL has lost more games than the Raiders have in the last 20 years except the Browns.
I expect a super bowl or two every 13-17 years and I don't think feel like the broncos are on schedule right now

+ Right now the Raiders own the Broncos

Last edited:

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016

Their only hope is that he's actually playing this bad due to injury.