Cinema Safe (netflix) - harlan coben thriller

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
99% of what I read is high fantasy, but occasionally I bust through harlan coben thrillers

Maybe I'm biased since his works usually take place in northern jersey, so i dig the locations, businesses, lifestyles, and stereotypes presented.

But more than likely, I enjoy his thrillers bc they flow well

Of course, you need to present things differently on screen than on page, so there are differences from episode 1 vs the feel of early chapters in his thrillers

But I'd expect some major reveals around ep 6. And then entertaining madness in episode 7 and 8.

I'm just starting ep 3 tho. So who knows. Entertaining so far,if anyone is looking for a thriller to watch (8x45min episodes on Netflix)

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Michael C. Hall

/thread

But I do want to watch this soon, for him.
I am too busy right now with reading the offshoot Harry Potter stuff (finished the core books for the umpteenth time this week), then watching the movies, and playing God of War.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Michael C. Hall

/thread

But I do want to watch this soon, for him.
I am too busy right now with reading the offshoot Harry Potter stuff (finished the core books for the umpteenth time this week), then watching the movies, and playing God of War.
What's a Michael c hall? Is that the dexter dude? If so, he's doing great.

Everyone is so far. Every actor did a great job of embodying a fictional character from the start.

I'm really digging the camera work and pacing too. Hopefully it continues to deliver over these last 5 eps. I have faith in harlan''s writing, which is why I posted the rec after just 2 episodes :)

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
What's a Michael c hall? Is that the dexter dude? If so, he's doing great.

Everyone is so far. Every actor did a great job of embodying a fictional character from the start.

I'm really digging the camera work and pacing too. Hopefully it continues to deliver over these last 5 eps. I have faith in harlan''s writing, which is why I posted the rec after just 2 episodes :)
Yes, lol. Really?! My Dexter brethren?!

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Yes, lol. Really?! My Dexter brethren?!
Dexter was awesome. I'm not too keen on people''s names tho. Like even today, I second guessed myself when I said my nieces name in front of her parents, wondering if I got it wrong

Itd be easier if people just went by a number. I can remember numbers. I call 8 because it looks kinda like infinite which makes it the best

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Dexter was awesome. I'm not too keen on people''s names tho. Like even today, I second guessed myself when I said my nieces name in front of her parents, wondering if I got it wrong

Itd be easier if people just went by a number. I can remember numbers. I call 8 because it looks kinda like infinite which makes it the best
I call four, then. Because it’s my favorite.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Dexter's got a choice English accent. I watched the first episode and it showed promise. I'll carry on next week.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Season 5 was crap because of Julia Stiles.

It went back to bring good after that.

I still want to find my own Hannah McKay.

I need to watch this show just haven't had time.
Must have been the season after that I stopped

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
Dexter went on too long.
Went from original to formula and predictable... if they didn’t just jumped the shark.
They really tried to stretch it and milk the most of it.
I stopped after s4.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I watched all of Dexter, I even liked his sister who most people couldn't stand. I didn't like the ending because the writers (iirc) were rushed and fucked it up but I liked pretty much all of it apart from that.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
okay. just finished. i don't read or watch much crime/detective/thriller shit. so i cant opine relative to other stories in this genre

but the show felt very Harlan Coben-ish in terms of the setup, multiple sub-plots, wild goose chase, misdirects, the big reveal, the resolution, and then secondary reveals and resolutions.

if any of you watch it, let me know if you enjoyed it or not. and if you have any recommendations in this genre. (i really like "Gone Girl")

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
okay. just finished. i don't read or watch much crime/detective/thriller shit. so i cant opine relative to other stories in this genre

but the show felt very Harlan Coben-ish in terms of the setup, multiple sub-plots, wild goose chase, misdirects, the big reveal, the resolution, and then secondary reveals and resolutions.

if any of you watch it, let me know if you enjoyed it or not. and if you have any recommendations in this genre. (i really like "Gone Girl")
Did you read the book? I really dislike the actress who played the Gone Girl so it worked perfectly. Also a pretty big Affleck fan so I liked that casting too.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I love her.
I really don't know why I dislike her, I just do. I hadn't that long finished the book before the film came out. It was my flight for moving to Norfolk from Amsterdam book. I've tried reading her first book as well but it's till on the go unfinished. Gone Girl was an awesome book though.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I really don't know why I dislike her, I just do. I hadn't that long finished the book before the film came out. It was my flight for moving to Norfolk from Amsterdam book. I've tried reading her first book as well but it's till on the go unfinished. Gone Girl was an awesome book though.
Love her.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Did you read the book? I really dislike the actress who played the Gone Girl so it worked perfectly. Also a pretty big Affleck fan so I liked that casting too.
i didnt know it was a book at the time. ive got it on my bookshelf now though since i loved tho movie so much. just need time to get to it. is it good?

im a big ben affleck fan too. i forget who played who, but after leftovers, i became a huuuuuge carrie coon fan. i think she was his gf's sister or something. i forget the story tbh. i just know i LOVED it. which is good, so the book will be sort of a fresh read since my memory sucks lol

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
K @Kaladin Stormblessed
Coon was his sister in Gone Girl. I wouldn't say you'd enjoy the book as much because you know what happens now.

I've got two episodes of Safe left, I think it's great. Always been a fan of Marc Warren who plays Pete too.

If you liked this, you'd probably like Broadchurch as well. Just don't watch the US version.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
K @Kaladin Stormblessed
Coon was his sister in Gone Girl. I wouldn't say you'd enjoy the book as much because you know what happens now.

I've got two episodes of Safe left, I think it's great. Always been a fan of Marc Warren who plays Pete too.

If you liked this, you'd probably like Broadchurch as well. Just don't watch the US version.
Silver lining to bad memory is that I forgot what happened :)