General Samsung data migration software.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Has anyone every got this to work? Source drive is a Toshiba spinner. I'm using my desktop to clone laptop drives. Samsung keeps seeing my desktop EVO and that's it. I am now using Acronis True Image which I use for backup. Luckily it has a clone feature and it found the drive right away.

This SSD is going in a brand new HP 17" Pavilion for my mother. Damn thing won't let me put two drives in. No room or connections. Original spinner is 1TB SSD is 500GB. She doesn't store anything on it so it will be fine.

Just curious why the migration software can't pick up the Toshiba. It's hooked up USB with a Vantec drive hardware kit.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Ughhh nothing worked. Acronis copied the source but couldn't find the target. Samsung Magician said the serial number on the SSD was corrupt. The drive was bought from Samsung. I called them and they gave me the scoop. Said I need to put the target drive back in the laptop. I told her it was apart battery was out they gave no fucks. I put the batt and HDD back in connected the SSD to USB and now the software found both and it's cloning. Nothing is ever easy. The only good thing about trying it on my computer was Magician said there was a firmware update on my SSD. Did that rebooted all good. I don't like to do that but I have 3 backup disks.