Samurai targeting Fedor Emelianenko vs. Singh Jaideep on NYE

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Fedor Emelianenko's opponent for his Dec. 31 return fight is expected to be announced at a press conference in Japan on Thursday, however, sources with knowledge of the fight say the new Japanese promotion is targeting Indian-Japanese heavyweight kickboxer Singh Jaideep as his foe.

The 28-year-old Jaideep is 40-10 (1 NC) in kickboxing but just 1-0 in MMA. His lone MMA fight was in June 2013 when he defeated Alireza Tavak at Super Fight League 19. The 2009 K-1 World Grand Prix in Seoul champion hasn't won a kickboxing match since 2011.

The 39-year-old Emelianenko (34-14, 1 NC) recently ended his retirement to sign with former Pride boss Nobuyuki Sakakibara's new promotion, whose name has yet to be announced. One name that has been discussed is Samurai FC, but that has yet to be finalized. That announcement is also expected to come Thursday, along with several more details about the organization.

LINK: New Japanese promotion targeting Fedor Emelianenko vs. Singh Jaideep on New Year's Eve - MMA Fighting

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Well, I guess if Indian televisiom will broadcast it and pay for the rights they'll get the dollars they need. Pretty weird though.

Hired Gun

If You Only Knew What I Dooooo
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Kneeblock is correct Indian TV money will give them allot of capital for future shows. It's a smart business move.

Sky Tv
Spike(Viacom)
Indian TV

That's a whole lotta chedda

CaffeineBomb

Sep 8, 2015
Never even considered that. Far too easy to forget that India is a massive massive potential market. TBH, thinking about it I'm surprised that the UFC hasn't made a push there yet.

Apr 3, 2015
this went from a "must watch" to a "dont fucking care".

how the fuck do they drop the ball like this? Fedor's return fight should be legendary. not a sham.

so disgusted.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Damn and I thought I lowered the bar a lot joking about Kimbo and Pudz. These guys dropped the bar on the ground wow. What a joke.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
fuck that. Should hire me. And you'd be damn sure TMMAC would get recognition it deserves.

Also they called heath, but he hasnt been training lately. I was sorely dissapointed.
Heath actually was offered this fight?

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
Heath actually was offered this fight?
they called him, but didnt offer soon as he said he wasn't training lately. He's making a killing with the union back home in Vegas and has been too busy with it to trane. He said if they offered a sizeable amount he'd do it.

Carbazel

Freelance MMA Analyst
Aug 8, 2015
He could have fought any Heavyweight that is not in the top ten and it would be more worth watching than this. I thought they would have him fight Vitaly Minakov or something like that. James Thompson, Bobbly Lashley...even Kimbo would have made enough to cover the millions he's getting paid.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
People laughed and said it was a joke when I said the opponent should be Kimbo.

These guys actually went out and found a guy that makes Kimbo look like Rickson Gracie as far as MMA legitimacy.

I'm not bothering to tune in unless its a solid undercard

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
I just don't think Fedor has any interest in making a serious run in his comeback. I think he'll take a couple of paydays in Japan, maybe even a few in Bellator, and he'll be gone again. I don't think he has any interest in competing against the best and subjecting himself to the random drug testing.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
He could have fought any Heavyweight that is not in the top ten and it would be more worth watching than this. I thought they would have him fight Vitaly Minakov or something like that. James Thompson, Bobbly Lashley...even Kimbo would have made enough to cover the millions he's getting paid.
Kharatonov, Minakov, any of the Russian Bellator HWs would do. Lashley would be cool, kimbo no, Thompson no.

CaffeineBomb

Sep 8, 2015
As a fan, I think I'm fine with Fedor making some money with a potential easy fight. Trying to look at it from a positive angle that it might help re-ignite the Japanese fan base's passion for MMA. It's not like the UFC is getting the job done.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Didn't someone report that his opponent would be significant for the future of MMA? How in the fuck is this significant? Even if it gets huge ratings in India, it's an otherwise worthless fight. Fedor is still GOAT, but this is nothing but a money grab. What a shame.