Sarah Moras starts GoFundMe to help pay for UFC 215 fight camp

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i think that is kind of the whole point here .without the 10k it is going to be impossible.out of that 5k a month 2k is probably rent money because you are either working for a living or training full time.when is the last time we saw sarah fight? she made 10k for her last fight like 2 years ago.after taxes and training camp paying to fly her own corner out etc there probably wasnt much left to begin with.those girls with invivtca and bellator are free to seek out sponsors to help pay expenses.mma fans are weird.everyone talks about how the fighters should get paid more and how we need to support the sport but no one wants to use their own money to do it. i made a post like this on r/mma last night and got a pile of hate messages and ended up getting banned for calling someone a anonymous keyboard warrior. i just think it is pretty sad that athletes in the top promotion dont even make poverty line income and have to resort to crowd source funding to keep doing their jobs. wmma will never grow to meet mens mma if we are still in that day job era and end up having a waitress fighting a hairdresser on live tv.the girls who are able to train full time like johanna and rose will alway have an advantage over the ones who have to put in 8 hours then go to class with the regular people.
probably thats the fight game. But most tend to reup just because of its the "UFC" if you cant pay for a camp... might wanna find another profession

I honestly couldn't care less. I am not a fan of watching the vast majority of women's mma, most of them shouldn't even be in there BUT if the UFC is using her to make money then by rights, her and any other of their contracted employees should be making enough money to put on a world class performance. The thing is though, even if they did that (the UFC paying more), would the majority of the women's mma fighters actually BE putting on world class performances? I am skeptical on this.

soundoff71

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2015
What a joke.
Meanwhile Vanzant is getting paid to ride her free Harley while receiving multiple sponsors everywhere she goes. It is a sport of haves and have-nots.
View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BWaV59bFgkT/?hl=en
It's barely even a sport anymore. It's a popularity contest based on looks & demographics that help the UFC push their brand on the masses. And it's gotten worse since WME–IMG bought them out

Why else would you pair someone like Sage, who's nowhere near being a top fighter, with Mighty Mouse, a champ & MMA GOAT, in a Metro PCS commercial?

Sage Northcutt and ‘Mighty Mouse’ Heat Up This New MetroPCS Commercial

Last edited:

mmadotcomisufcdotcom

Oct 26, 2015
UFC could pay for $10k camp for every fighter on their roster to fight 4 times a year for less than $10m/year.

It'd be a paltry amount if you only pay for camps of fighters who make less than 30k/30k.

But this is why fighters need a union, if there's only one promotion in town
Wow, is that figure roughly accurate?

But no, fuck that, spending 10 mil on a single facility is a much better idea.

It is like they are trolling fighters at this point to see just how much they can push.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Wow, is that figure roughly accurate?

But no, fuck that, spending 10 mil on a single facility is a much better idea.

It is like they are trolling fighters at this point to see just how much they can push.
I couldn't find an exact number for fighters under UFC contract, but I think it's less than 200. 200*10k*4 = $8M

So went 25% over my fat estimate and said "< $10M"

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I couldn't find an exact number for fighters under UFC contract, but I think it's less than 200. 200*10k*4 = $8M

So went 25% over my fat estimate and said "< $10M"
A comprehensive list of all UFC roster moves, releases, signings, and fight announcements for the 529 fighters from strawweight all the way up to heavyweight. - Updated July 9, 2017

Comprehensive list of current UFC fighters

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
A comprehensive list of all UFC roster moves, releases, signings, and fight announcements for the 529 fighters from strawweight all the way up to heavyweight. - Updated July 9, 2017

Comprehensive list of current UFC fighters
Thanks! $20M for a $10k fight camp, 4 times a year, for every fighter under contract.
But that $20M represents an absolute maximum.

Obviously, not all fighters would need the camp $$, and not many fighters are fighting 4X a year.

Every fighter fighting 4X a year would mean 176 fights every month.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Thanks! $20M for a $10k fight camp, 4 times a year, for every fighter under contract.
But that $20M represents an absolute maximum.

Obviously, not all fighters would need the camp $$, and not many fighters are fighting 4X a year.

Every fighter fighting 4X a year would mean 176 fights every month.
Ya and no way the majority or even small percentage of fighters get that much opportunity. Cerrone is the best example of an exception as he's super active relatively speaking.

I like Sara. I've been fortunate enough to learn some BJJ from her and she's really nice and knowledgeable imo. If this is what it takes to keep her in the octagon then so be it. I see no need to throw shade her way.

WEWEREONABREAK

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
With all due respect, she hasn't fought for 2 years. I've read it's because she's been injured. So... that means she must have been spending less time in the gym, right? What else, then, was she doing with her time? Could she not have some sort of job?

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
With all due respect, she hasn't fought for 2 years. I've read it's because she's been injured. So... that means she must have been spending less time in the gym, right? What else, then, was she doing with her time? Could she not have some sort of job?
She has a job.she needs to enter a serious fight camp not wait tables all day then go to class for a couple hours at night.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Ya and no way the majority or even small percentage of fighters get that much opportunity. Cerrone is the best example of an exception as he's super active relatively speaking.

I like Sara. I've been fortunate enough to learn some BJJ from her and she's really nice and knowledgeable imo. If this is what it takes to keep her in the octagon then so be it. I see no need to throw shade her way.
I chatted with her on twitter last night and she is going to send everyone who donates a signed pic.

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
I chatted with her on twitter last night and she is going to send everyone who donates a signed pic.
In all honesty a female MMA fighter shit herself on live tv and got offered 15K for said trunks.

That's all i'm gonna say.

WEWEREONABREAK

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
She has a job.she needs to enter a serious fight camp not wait tables all day then go to class for a couple hours at night.
Shane Carwin did it. Only he worked as an Engineer.

I believe it probably makes financial sense for the UFC to simply pay all of their fighters a base amount for a 2 month training camp, as someone outlined the numbers earlier and they weren't that big. But should there be so much complaining about this? I'm not sure. It's no crime against humanity even if she did have to have a normal job and train at night.

There isn't that big a demand from anyone for her fights. This is the eat what you can kill business.

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
Are you saying that Sarah has More Ass than the typical female fighter?

Chromium

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
I couldn't find an exact number for fighters under UFC contract, but I think it's less than 200.
Guess again. And yes, despite the url that list is up to date as of four days ago.
EDIT: Fuck; beaten.

I do agree with your overall point though.

They should just give straight monthly stipends, on top of purses. Let the fighters decide how to spend them. Also your average fighter fights twice a year, because that's how many spots are available on cards. Some fight less, either because they get injured or because some people manage to get booked more.

Anyway, let's put it at $2000 a month, on top of their purse money. This is not a living wage for most fighters, but sure as fuck helps, and it'd be a predictable income.

$24k * ~540 fighters = $12,960,000.

You have a healthier pool of fighters who are going to be far less likely to end up financially unable to stay in the fight game despite winning a title eliminator in their final fight (TJ Grant) or homeless while actively under contract (Patrick Cummins). The stipend is also another thing a fighter can lose if they piss hot, so all the more motivation to stay clean.

Chromium

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
I'm pretty sure she's either a waitress or barista most of the time. She makes enough to pay the rent but not enough to save up for fight camp (during which she will also be giving up her normal job income).