Lifestyle Save your friends and family fighting addiction

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Just got the news yesterday that my uncle was found dead in his car in Baton Rouge. He’s battled addiction for a number of years now, but has been great within the last couple of years. I just spoke with him a few days ago about him buying a house on my street and how awesome it’d be to take our kids fishing together. He was only 18 months older than me, so we grew up as basically brothers.

Apparently he and his gf got into a fight and he drove out to BR for a fix and OD’d. He lives only a few minutes away. Wish he’d have just reached out and came over to blow off steam.

I’m about to leave for his service and it hasn’t fully sank in yet that this is goodbye... I posted this to his FB wall when it hit me that he’s really gone:

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Just got the news yesterday that my uncle was found dead in his car in Baton Rouge. He’s battled addiction for a number of years now, but has been great within the last couple of years. I just spoke with him a few days ago about him buying a house on my street and how awesome it’d be to take our kids fishing together. He was only 18 months older than me, so we grew up as basically brothers.

Apparently he and his gf got into a fight and he drove out to BR for a fix and OD’d. He lives only a few minutes away. Wish he’d have just reached out and came over to blow off steam.

I’m about to leave for his service and it hasn’t fully sank in yet that this is goodbye... I posted this to his FB wall when it hit me that he’s really gone:

Dang dude. Very sorry to hear about this. Stay strong

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

It's not fair for you to blame yourself, and it's not what he would have wanted. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017

Blows. So sorry man :*(

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Have a brother in law dealing with opiod addiction, so I can relate unfortunately. Sorry for your loss man. It really sucks.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Thanks everyone. It was a long hard road, but he was finally better. He wasn’t struggling with it at all anymore. I think he just got too emotional over the fight and slipped up. I can only hope he’s at peace now.