Schilling facing one battery charge for alleged barroom attack

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
1626285621680.png

Former Bellator and GLORY Kickboxing competitor Joe Schilling went viral this week after he was seen knocking out a bar patron on Sunday night in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Parts of the incident were caught on video where Schilling is seen delivering a brutal two-punch combo that instantly flattened the much smaller individual.

The 37-year-old Schilling later shared his side of the story where he claimed self-defense.

The busboy who happens to be black walks by and this idiot bumps into him and screams out, ‘Me and broke n— [sic] we don’t get along. The busboy was seriously offended but doesn’t want to lose his job.

As the night goes on this clown starts looking at me and rapping whatever song is being played while making eye contact with me. I’m like what’s wrong with this idiot. He yells, ‘HEY’ I turn around and he flexes on me... bad decisions are made every day.

As you can see from this video when he flexed on me I was scared for my life and simply defending myself against the evil in this world.
Now, the aggrieved party is taking action. MMA Fighting obtained a police report that identified the alleged victim as 31-year-old Justin Balboa, a busboy at an Outback Steakhouse restaurant. Schilling is now facing one misdemeanor charge of simple battery.

In Balboa’s conversation with law enforcement officers, he described Schilling as a “6-foot-5, 270-pound white male who just hit him for no reason.” But police say Balboa “would not elaborate on how or why the male punched him.”

The bar manager gave another side of the story to the police, saying Balboa “was extremely intoxicated and had possibly made an improper remark about the girlfriend/wife of the male who had struck him, which caused the fight to escalate.”

The manager also described Balboa as a “regular customer who routinely causes problems at the establishment due to his intoxication level.” According to the police report, “numerous other patrons of the establishment corroborated the manager’s story” to state that it was Balboa who started the incident.

After getting to watch the video, Balboa later told officers that he now plans to file a complaint against Schilling for the alleged attack. Attorney Robert Solomon released this statement to MMA Fighting:

It was something that should not have happened. It should not have happened. You watch that video and you cringe. This is a professional fighter.

To tell me you felt threatened as a professional fighter that’s fighting in the highest level of all the fighting, Bellator and all these things, I don’t buy it. I think it was uncalled for, and there’s consequences when you do things like that.

I think a professional fighter overreacted to a situation, that he didn’t need to do what he did. And to punch somebody as hard as he punched this guy, he’s lucky he’s not dead and we’re dealing with a different type of case.
Solomon added that his client is dealing with a “head injury” but they “don’t know the extent of it.” According to the Fort Lauderdale Police Department, no formal charges have been filed.

Erik Magraken of Combat Sports Law provided his own insight on the matter.

KO's guy says "“only wanted the incident documented in order to file a civil suit against the establishment."

So he's going to sue the bar. ie - allege negligence etc. So the bar should maybe just shut up right about now. Instead...

— Erik Magraken (@erikmagraken) June 29, 2021
So, we totally overserve people who get hammered and cause foreseeable problems at our place.

Lawyers will be lining up for this one.

When reporters call you its not compulsory to talk. "no comment at this time" works just fine.

Likely end

"so, that patron that is pissing off everybody at the bar including the guy in the 'ring, cage parking lot t-shirt...you decided to keep serving him booze?' lol. Some insurance defence attorney will be shaking his head and telling client to get out the checkbook.

Schilling last fought in 2019 at Bellator 229 against Tony Johnson. He lost via third-round knockout and was released by the company last October.

Joe Schilling facing one battery charge for alleged barroom attack; civilian dealing with ‘head injury’

Last edited:

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
The bar manager gave another side of the story to the police, saying Balboa “was extremely intoxicated and had possibly made an improper remark about the girlfriend/wife of the male who had struck him, which caused the fight to escalate.”

The manager also described Balboa as a “regular customer who routinely causes problems at the establishment due to his intoxication level.”

Lol
Agree with ErikMagraken @ErikMagraken
The bar is sitting here talking about how the guys always being served until he's drunk (illegal) and causing problems and they haven't banned him but invite him back to keep serving him over and over.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Lol
Agree with ErikMagraken @ErikMagraken
The bar is sitting here talking about how the guys always being served until he's drunk (illegal) and causing problems and they haven't banned him but invite him back to keep serving him over and over.
That's what a good bar does. Joe Schilling is a brute and attacked him for no reason. Pretending he was scared to prey on a drunken asshole doesn't justify, to me at least, knocking him out. He should have told him to fuck off.

And I'm a firm believer in strike first, strike hard, no mercy,

But there was no way that dude was a threat. He just wanted to go viral.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
It was something that should not have happened. It should not have happened. You watch that video and you cringe. This is a professional fighter.

To tell me you felt threatened as a professional fighter that’s fighting in the highest level of all the fighting, Bellator and all these things, I don’t buy it. I think it was uncalled for, and there’s consequences when you do things like that.

I think a professional fighter overreacted to a situation, that he didn’t need to do what he did. And to punch somebody as hard as he punched this guy, he’s lucky he’s not dead and we’re dealing with a different type of case.
Holy Ballsack at the 'statement' from the that lush's "lawyer".

first time in his professional life someone has asked him for a "statement"

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
you have to do the same dumb shit in the same bars if you really want to grind the barman's patience into powder. if you spread the burden of your thoughtlessness across multiple bars, it gives them a break. fuck that, when the final glass is broken and patron offended, smile cheerfully to the bar staff and say you'll be back soon, as you turn to leave. then vomit on their cars as you walk to the takeaway.

MrSandman

Apr 11, 2020
I'm sure Schilling wants this to be seen as something similar to what Roger Huerra did, but it just isn't.

That guy is most definitely an asshole, but Schilling didn't need to drop him like that. If that guy had thrown a punch, all bets are off. But that's not what happened.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
LOL at this being a case of Joe claiming to intervene in a busboy-on-busboy altercation, with the agaggressive off-duty busboy called 'Balboa'.

And LOL at the manager's statements, just completely throwing his own establishment under the bus.

M

member 3289

I'm sure Schilling wants this to be seen as something similar to what Roger Huerra did, but it just isn't.

That guy is most definitely an asshole, but Schilling didn't need to drop him like that. If that guy had thrown a punch, all bets are off. But that's not what happened.
Schilling was "white" knighting for BLM

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
joe is about 6'3" maybe barely 210 lbs he is pretty skinny and toned he used to be my weight when I trained with him about 177 lbs at the time and im 5'8" but built like kelvin gastelum(hallowed be thy name)

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2015
Ex-Bellator fighter Joe Schilling is facing one misdemeanor charge of simple battery after his recent physical altercation with a bar patron.

Former Bellator and GLORY Kickboxing competitor Joe Schilling went viral this week after he was seen knocking out a bar patron on Sunday night in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Parts of the incident were caught on video where Schilling is seen delivering a brutal two-punch combo that instantly flattened the much smaller individual.

The 37-year-old Schilling later shared his side of the story where he claimed self-defense.

Now, the aggrieved party is taking action. MMA Fighting obtained a police report that identified the alleged victim as 31-year-old Justin Balboa, a busboy at an Outback Steakhouse restaurant. Schilling is now facing one misdemeanor charge of simple battery.

In Balboa’s conversation with law enforcement officers, he described Schilling as a “6-foot-5, 270-pound white male who just hit him for no reason.” But police say Balboa “would not elaborate on how or why the male punched him.”

The manager also described Balboa as a “regular customer who routinely causes problems at the establishment due to his intoxication level.” According to the police report, “numerous other patrons of the establishment corroborated the manager’s story” to state that it was Balboa who started the incident.

After getting to watch the video, Balboa later told officers that he now plans to file a complaint against Schilling for the alleged attack. Attorney Robert Solomon released this statement to MMA Fighting:

Solomon added that his client is dealing with a “head injury” but they “don’t know the extent of it.” According to the Fort Lauderdale Police Department, no formal charges have been filed.

Erik Magraken of Combat Sports Law provided his own insight on the matter.

Schilling last fought in 2019 at Bellator 229 against Tony Johnson. He lost via third-round knockout and was released by the company last October.

Joe Schilling facing one battery charge for alleged barroom attack; civilian dealing with ‘head injury’
What a pussy. The dude was feelin himself, acting like a beligerent jack ass and got knocked the fuck out.

Apoligize to the guy that had to whoop your ass and be a better man moving forward

Last edited: