General School expels 9 year old for leaning BB gun against chair during online class

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
agreed, but it's the teacher who needs to be corrected. And that's not going to happen because the district is under the thumb of the Teachers' Union in disputes between students and teachers
Yes, they can all fuck off.

M

member 3289

If you don't want to get expelled from school, put your guns away. It's not that difficult, guys.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Changing from an expulsion to a suspension after the parents spend the money on a lawyer is a fix?

First off I don't think it is at all.

Secondly I care because this doesn't set any precedent for other schools and there are many stories where this is happening as schools go into the world of online classrooms with zero preparation on their end where the parents end. Expectations are not being set but children are being punished for normal behavior.
My point is, if you think school administrations and teachers making retarded decisions is some 'the world is going increasingly mad' thing worthy of our time, then you must have missed the history of formal education, because shit has always gotten very weird.

My fomative years often felt like I was living in a demented Monty Python sketch and I'm pretty sure I'm far from alone in that regard. We'd get into all kinds of trouble for the most ridiculous, arbitrary shit. My teachers were a rotating menu of mental patients, drug addicts, alcoholics and at least one pedophile, all backed up by equally nutty administrators, so I find it strange that anyone would find shit like this particularly strange.

Hell, a teacher snapped and belted me when I was 8 and I reacted how any normal 8-year-old would - I made it clear to him that his life and career was in my 8-year-old hands and blackmailed him into treating me like a god for the rest of the year (but I held my end of the deal up and never snitched on him). If we've got teachers illegally hitting and then getting blackmailed by 8-year-olds, the world will keep turning over some kid getting suspended for a BB gun, as dumb as it is.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
My point is, if you think school administrations and teachers making retarded decisions is some 'the world is going increasingly mad' thing worthy of our time, then you must have missed the history of formal education, because shit has always gotten very weird.

My fomative years often felt like I was living in a demented Monty Python sketch and I'm pretty sure I'm far from alone in that regard. We'd get into all kinds of trouble for the most ridiculous, arbitrary shit. My teachers were a rotating menu of mental patients, drug addicts, alcoholics and at least one pedophile, all backed up by equally nutty administrators, so I find it strange that anyone would find shit like this particularly strange.

Hell, a teacher snapped and belted me when I was 8 and I reacted how any normal 8-year-old would - I made it clear to him that his life and career was in my 8-year-old hands and blackmailed him into treating me like a god for the rest of the year (but I held my end of the deal up and never snitched on him). If we've got teachers illegally hitting and then getting blackmailed by 8-year-olds, the world will keep turning over some kid getting suspended for a BB gun, as dumb as it is.
The world will keep turning for lots of things that you and I find interesting to talk about. .

This situation is a microcosm and unique to the current online schooling that will continue to raise questions of appropriateness and precedent as we move more into that virtual direction. It matters.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
The world will keep turning for lots of things that you and I find interesting to talk about. .

This situation is a microcosm and unique to the current online schooling that will continue to raise questions of appropriateness and precedent as we move more into that virtual direction. It matters.
If we move into a world of kids educated by Zoom, BB guns will be the least of our concerns, because we will have a generation of social retards on our hands. Luckily the sniffles will go away soon and they'll realize they can't afford to try to automate most teachers out of a job, because then we'll have nowhere for drug addicts and alcoholics to go to work.

M

member 1013

If we move into a world of kids educated by Zoom, BB guns will be the least of our concerns, because we will have a generation of social retards on our hands. Luckily the sniffles will go away soon and they'll realize they can't afford to try to automate most teachers out of a job, because then we'll have nowhere for drug addicts and alcoholics to go to work.
What’s wrong with social retards? Don’t you love yourself?

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
A kid with a bb gun is better off than a kid playing 40 hours of call of duty a week

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
We used to ride bikes thru the neighborhood street to the undeveloped rural area with .22s to shoot stuff as 10-12 year olds.

Now a kid can't even be seen near a BB gun or something on video?

Soft soft soft
our ice cream trucks sold toy pistols that looked like real guns. I even had a toy ar-15 that was all black.

you could go to KB toys and buy these guns too.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
our ice cream trucks sold toy pistols that looked like real guns. I even had a toy ar-15 that was all black.

you could go to KB toys and buy these guns too.
during hunting season, we took our guns to school.
they had to be locked in your car, or you had to bring them to the secretary and have her check it in to the office for the day.