Sci/Tech Science and Consciousness

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sorry.

basically, our temporal lobe is pre-wired to make God, even if He didn't exist.
Or our temporal lobe is a pre-wired way for God to connect to us.

He's able to recreate near-death experiences and 'felt presence' experiences by magnetically inducing current on the temporal lobe.

I think HBO did a segment on it a long time ago. I emailed with him shortly thereafter and talked about his theories on plate tectonics and "Moth Man" events. He sent me a pre-publication manuscript of a book he was working on.
I have to wonder how the brain went about adapting in such a way so as to have this particular ability or reaction to some stimuli.
What evolutionary adaptation would that serve in terms of progeny?
I mean, it requires dying to be stimulated or activated. And it's such a wild ability that it would require immense testing and selective breeding to enhance it...

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I have to wonder how the brain went about adapting in such a way so as to have this particular ability or reaction to some stimuli.
What evolutionary adaptation would that serve in terms of progeny?
I mean, it requires dying to be stimulated or activated. And it's such a wild ability that it would require immense testing and selective breeding to enhance it...
it could be part of our survival advantage - to be able to recognize a pattern and see something better, even if that something doesn't actually exist. The same part of our brain that tells us that there is a perfect consciousness, even if we've never known that consciousness, is the same part of the brain that tells us there's a better way to build a roof, even if we've never seen a better roof.

it could be part of our survival advantage - to be able to recognize a pattern and see something better, even if that something doesn't actually exist. The same part of our brain that tells us that there is a perfect consciousness, even if we've never known that consciousness, is the same part of the brain that tells us there's a better way to build a roof, even if we've never seen a better roof.
I applaud your effort but don't buy that explanation...maybe if I consider it longer I'll come around.