Society Scientists move Doomsday clock to 100 seconds from midnight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Doomsday Clock is 100 seconds to midnight, the symbolic hour of the apocalypse

The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists is moving the Doomsday Clock up to 100 seconds to midnight — a metaphor for the end of the world — in a recognition of growing threats from nuclear war, climate change and disinformation.

It’s the first time the clock has passed the two-minute mark in more than 70 years of existence, a testament to the need for urgent action, the Bulletin said Thursday, as its president warned of influential leaders who “denigrate and discard the most effective methods for addressing complex threats.”

https://amp-sacbee-com.cdn.ampproje...overnment/capitol-alert/article239564083.html

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i forgot about that damn thing . they used to play that shit on the nightly news back in the cold war days . tonight the clock is set at 2 mins to midnight .

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Load of fucken shit. Is this clock magic or is it just a bunch of nerds being overly dramatic Peter puffers to draw attention?

They are as bad as feminists

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
We should have Sports Illustrated Scientist issues.

And pin ups & calendars for scientists.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
We should have Sports Illustrated Scientist issues.

And pin ups & calendars for scientists.

Calenders are made of paper.

Paper is made of trees.

Trees come from the rainforest.

Monkeys live in the trees!

Without monkeys what would scientists do??

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
it was a funny idea but they've run it into the ground, bunch of self important dickwads

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Before we go I just want to let you know that I don't hate you. I just want to touch your face with a 2x4, really really hard.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
So when the planet was literally hours from nuking each other that was less imminent than climate change? Yeah, okay.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
So when the planet was literally hours from nuking each other that was less imminent than climate change? Yeah, okay.
Wouldn't the US have nuked Russia and vice versa leaving the rest of us in peace at long last?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Chernobyl and Fukushima yet life goes on. I know it's not that simple but I truly doubt it would be the end of mankind
Chernobyl and Fukushima weren't nukes and the shit in the 60s was much bigger and more plentiful than the stuff in the 40s. You also need to bear in mind both sides were stashing missiles in their allies countries so they were going to be bombed too. Even if your city wasn't bombed there's this nuclear winter thing.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
Chernobyl and Fukushima weren't nukes and the shit in the 60s was much bigger and more plentiful than the stuff in the 40s. You also need to bear in mind both sides were stashing missiles in their allies countries so they were going to be bombed too. Even if your city wasn't bombed there's this nuclear winter thing.
and yet billions would survive *shrug* life expectency would be reduced but it wasn't exactly great in Victorian times

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Thinning the herd is probably not such a bad idea. Sucks but not not true.
The ironic thing about that: the same bundle clammoring for war and abortions (the two most abrupt and immediately unknown forms of eradication), are the one's fighting tooth and nail for regulation of the forever-looming sloth of "inevitable" global population-reducing climate change.