Scott Coker on MMA drug testing

Discussion in 'Cageside - MMA Discussion' started by Wild, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Wild

Wild TMMAC's Most Handsome Admin
    Admin

Ratings:
    +111,010
    http://mmajunkie.com/2015/02/bellat...ing-would-be-amazing-to-have-worldwide-policy

Bellator is currently talking internally about what it can do as an organization to make sure its fighters are clean, according to Coker. But the way he sees it, Bellator is not built to have a testing policy separate from the athletic commissions it deals with.

“We are not a regulatory testing body, and (drug testing) is something that should be done by the people that do that,” he said. “So, at the end of the day, I think it has to be done by somebody that this is what they do all the time. It’s just that until we get everybody on the same page, that’s going to be the issue.”

Getting all the major MMA promotions on the same page may be difficult, but it is definitely something that Coker would support.

“It would be amazing if we could all get together with a worldwide testing policy,” Coker said. “But everyone would have to support it. Otherwise I don’t think it would work.”

2. ChaosOverkill

ChaosOverkill Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
    First 100

Ratings:
    +5,120
    Taking events to Native resorts really puts him in a tough place to talk if they won't do independent testing.

3. teamquestnorth

teamquestnorth Lindland never cheated

Ratings:
    +31,986
    The last time CSAC did a random test at a Bellator event 4 fighters popped.

4. Rico_Cutler

Rico_Cutler First 100
    First 100

Ratings:
    +344
    Good. I dont want Bellator to perform Independent testing.

Draft saved Draft deleted