Scott Weiland of STP has died

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
hes a fucking junkie anyway, glad I wont have to hear about anymore of his baby fits or failed rehabs anymore

HEATH VON DOOM

Oct 21, 2015
Did you really HAVE to hear about it?
I'd say the body of art is greater than how much some passive news headlines actually affected you.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBPsQIE3wIY
The passive news story affected me as much as the news he died, absolutely none. That being said he's just another junkie that doesn't need to be celebrated in death unless you had him in your death pool. He was worth a few points for that.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
The passive news story affected me as much as the news he died, absolutely none. That being said he's just another junkie that doesn't need to be celebrated in death unless you had him in your death pool. He was worth a few points for that.

Its interesting the vitriol you have for someone that never hurt you, just because his personal life represents self-destruction.
No one is celebrating his demons or substance abuse. Simply rather than gloating or becoming angry at the lost potential, the rest of us express empathy for the same.

HEATH VON DOOM

Oct 21, 2015
Its interesting the vitriol you have for someone that never hurt you, just because his personal life represents self-destruction.
No one is celebrating his demons or substance abuse. Simply rather than gloating or becoming angry at the lost potential, the rest of us express empathy for the same.
I'm not angry, I'm just not going to celebrate someone like that. I like his music as much as the next guy but he could have did so much more for his family and the world if he would have took advantage of the opportunities to help himslef and others that his place in life afforded him. Instead he chose a needle over life.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
hes a fucking junkie anyway, glad I wont have to hear about anymore of his baby fits or failed rehabs anymore
That's cuntcalled for, I don't think we're celebrating him, it's just a bit of news. I'd celebrate his body of work. He's affected more lives with his art than you or me.

HEATH VON DOOM

Oct 21, 2015
That's cuntcalled for, I don't think we're celebrating him, it's just a bit of news. I'd celebrate his body of work. He's affected more lives with his art than you or me.
I'm sure his family would agree with you. You ever had to personally deal with a junkie on that level? My best friend in high school ended up a junkie. He died alone because he ruined everyone's life that tried to help him, especially his families. At least Wylands family will be ok financially but he probably did more to make smack look cool to people than help them.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I'm not angry, I'm just not going to celebrate someone like that. I like his music as much as the next guy but he could have did so much more for his family and the world if he would have took advantage of the opportunities to help himslef and others that his place in life afforded him. Instead he chose a needle over life.

Not going to celebrate, but you are running at the first chance to verbally dance on his grave.

Yes addicts hurt themselves, others, make bad choices, and its all for the need of a drug. Why make sure you get your potshots in at him or whatever it is he represents to you? Just seems trashy to stomp a dead man that never harmed you or anyone more than the close circle that loved him.

His opportunities in life likely enabled his disease rather than made it easier to get clean.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Thought this was a pretty cool story that someone on Reddit shared.

"Then there are those who break your heart. They say never meet your heroes. Meeting Scott Weiland did this to me from growing up a huge STP fan but in end showing me why he was a rock star and not I. There used (is) to be a band called Camp Freddy. It was pretty much a revolving door of musicians who would play each other's songs depending on who was available and they were playing at The Palms one night with Scott Weiland due to headline. My restaurants kitchen had a door that went straight onto to the stage of the club Rain where concerts were held before The Pearl concert venue was built and anytime there was a show we were allowed to just walk through and watch the shows from the stage which I was planning to do the second I was off. Halfway through my shift we got an order for Scott and it needed to be brought to his room which we accommodated to celebrities frequently. As luck would have it I randomly got grabbed and told to take his ribeye up to him. I went up to his room and knocked on the door and heard somebody yell "It's open". I figured I was going to open the door and 30 groupie whores would be inside all coked up, but nope. I was just Scott laying halfway on the bed with a near empty bottle of Jack in his hand watching the movie Last Days which is "loosely based on Kurt Cobain's life. I'm really good at being a professional and not acting star struck. Celebrities, the cool ones, like being treated like normal people and they treat you much better when you do. As I'm unwrapping his food he starts talking to me and asking me about myself. He was shit faced, slurring and emotional. He began telling me about what bullshit that movie was and how Kurt wasn't like he was portrayed in it. He told me how there was originally a different video for the song Creep that was directed by the same director as the movie, Gus Van Sant, and that he made the band dress up like transsexuals and kiss each other and before I knew it I had been up there nearly an hour. His assistant came in and called me outside of the room and thanked me for hanging out with him, no thank you was necessary, but that Scott had recently quit heroin again and that's why he was acting that way. I went back down to work and couldn't believe that just happened but then remembered that he was supposed perform in less than 2 hours. In my mind there was absolutely no way this guy was going to be able to perform and he'd have to cancel further ruining his depleting reputation.

So I finished up work and went onto the back stage. Over the course of an hour I watched Dave Navarro, Jerry Cantrell, Duff Mcaggen, the singer from The Cult, etc perform and in my head I thought I knew some thing nobody else did and that shortly it would be announced Scott Weiland was canceling. When all of a sudden Dead and Bloated starts playing and Scott comes out dancing, singing perfectly and absolutely killed his performance. That night I learned the difference between a rock star and the rest of us. RIP."

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
sad when anybody loses to drugs.

i saw stp once..when i was a kid at lalapalooza in atlanta
freakin grungiest fest ever. pearl jam/soundgarden/temple of the dog/stp. ratm too because it's not a real concert unless you get to scream "fuck you, i won't do what you tell me." . forgot all about how awesome that was.

thanks weiland for the memories.

but eddie vedder/chris cornell > scott weiland to my ears.

HEATH VON DOOM

Oct 21, 2015
He stole your GF in high school, didn't he? Tell the truth :)
Haha probably did but he still died alone. I don't have contempt for him the person or the musician, I have contempt for Scott the junkie. Its hard to feel bad when you have been through this with someone. Scott will have some big funeral with big time people crying. Sad fact is most junkies die broke, alone, and have burned everyone they know so bad that there isn't a funeral.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
sad when anybody loses to drugs.

i saw stp once..when i was a kid at lalapalooza in atlanta
freakin grungiest fest ever. pearl jam/soundgarden/temple of the dog/stp. ratm too because it's not a real concert unless you get to scream "fuck you, i won't do what you tell me." . forgot all about how awesome that was.

thanks weiland for the memories.

but eddie vedder/chris cornell > scott weiland to my ears.
Layne Stayley>vedder,cobain,cornell,weilland :eek:

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Milt @Milt who you think is the best, Mr. rainbow distributor:cool:

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
Layne Stayley>vedder,cobain,cornell,weilland :eek:
how about alice in chains,pearl jam/soundgarden > stone temple pilots?

I always thought vedder was a caricature of himself, similar to Axl Rose.
ah ha... i can see how you say that..
i always felt the pain of his tortured plaid flannel soul when i was an angsty teenager...because 10 & Vs.
i guess i still do..i like just breathe.. think that's much more recent