Scott Weiland of STP has died

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
how about alice in chains,pearl jam/soundgarden > stone temple pilots?

ah ha... i can see how you say that..
i always felt the pain of his tortured plaid flannel soul when i was an angsty teenager...because 10 & Vs.
i guess i still do..i like just breathe.. think that's much more recent
I just mean his diction and the quality of his voice sounds really contrived. I like the lyrics a lot.

WineDineSixty-Nine

Nov 1, 2015
I saw talk show live, rather depressing until the last few songs which were all stp. It really was only a matter of time till his end, due to substance abuse. Rather sad really.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Haha probably did but he still died alone. I don't have contempt for him the person or the musician, I have contempt for Scott the junkie. Its hard to feel bad when you have been through this with someone. Scott will have some big funeral with big time people crying. Sad fact is most junkies die broke, alone, and have burned everyone they know so bad that there isn't a funeral.
I've been through it with more than one person. It made me understand that where most people have the ability to put down their poison, some do not. Doesn't matter how badly they want to, or what they try, there's only one end for them. Blaming someone for being an addict makes as much sense as blaming someone for getting cancer.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
I've been through it with more than one person. It made me understand that where most people have the ability to put down their poison, some do not. Doesn't matter how badly they want to, or what they try, there's only one end for them. Blaming someone for being an addict makes as much sense as blaming someone for getting cancer.
So the guy that drinks everyday and has 5 DWIs and beats his wife because he is drunk doesnt get any blame either? I mean he is a addict after all its just a different drug. Its one thing to be an addict and fall off the wagon once in awhile, its another to just give up on yourself and your family. Go reread the story about the guy serving his food and realize that even the people he paid, his manager, wanted nothing to do with him personally. Thats not an addict looking for help thats an addict that is an asshole and miserable human being.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
STP had some awesome music in that grunge era.
Too bad he lived on heroin like so many from that era.
Chasing the dragon, RIP

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
I'm sure his family would agree with you. You ever had to personally deal with a junkie on that level? My best friend in high school ended up a junkie. He died alone because he ruined everyone's life that tried to help him, especially his families. At least Wylands family will be ok financially but he probably did more to make smack look cool to people than help them.
I've had to deal with a number of substance abuse cases in my life. A few of which we helped get sober and I find your views on this the real problem with how we view drugs in our society. It's not an evil demon more so a mental health issue on learning to cope. It gets extra tough when you've had a rough life leading up to and into your fame.

This is one of those times where I have to pull the ole' kindergarten rule:

If you don't have anything nice to say... :-/

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
I've had to deal with a number of substance abuse cases in my life. A few of which we helped get sober and I find your views on this the real problem with how we view drugs in our society. It's not an evil demon more so a mental health issue on learning to cope. It gets extra tough when you've had a rough life leading up to and into your fame.

This is one of those times where I have to pull the ole' kindergarten rule:

If you don't have anything nice to say... :-/
This is the problem, i am all for helping someone but you cant help the helpless. At what point does personal accountability come into play or do we just mak excuses? No one starts out a junkie, its a fucking choice they made to be that way. How is it my problem or fault you choose to stick a nedle in your arm instead of being productive? I am all for helping those that need help but in no way do i feel sorry for someone that has been in and out of rehab so many times his own family had enough of it. I will not feel bad for ODs in the back of a bus alone because he alienated himself to the point no one cared. There are plenty of opportunities to get help and he chose the drugs over life. Pretty fucking selfish if you ask me especially since he had children.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
RIP , I believe most everyone in the world, with the exception of downright evil people who I just ignore when they die, deserve sympathy and respect in regards to the fact that they are gone. No one knows if he was still doing anything and even if he was, I would never shit on him now, just me 2 cents/pence.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
So the guy that drinks everyday and has 5 DWIs and beats his wife because he is drunk doesnt get any blame either? I mean he is a addict after all its just a different drug. Its one thing to be an addict and fall off the wagon once in awhile, its another to just give up on yourself and your family. Go reread the story about the guy serving his food and realize that even the people he paid, his manager, wanted nothing to do with him personally. Thats not an addict looking for help thats an addict that is an asshole and miserable human being.
You realize that the rock bottom for some addicts is death, right?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Doesn't mean your not a asshole. What you are saying is we should celebrate Mike Jackson because it wasn't his fault he was a pedo, he was just a poor junkie. Fuck that
No. 1) He wasn't a pedo, that's why you know, court. 2) I'd rather sex offenders be segregated and the reason for their dysfunction studied so a solution might be found rather than simply casting judgment. Do you think locking a sex offender up so they'll never gain see the light of day is an actual solution to the problem? I thought at this point in time people realized that no rational person would say "Hey, I'm going to fuck that kid."