Personal Secret Santa: Black Fridays Matter

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
What is the low and max price? I’ve never participated in the Tmmac secret Santa, but would like to jump in this year.
I don't think there's really a low or max. I think Filthy @Filthy It's just trying to set a bar so that people don't feel intimidated and participating. Some people have sent some pretty amazing and expensive gifts over the years but I don't think anybody needs to feel obligated to do that.

If somebody sends an expensive gift I don't think it has anything to do with demanding one in return but rather just how fun it is to make somebody's day.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
I don't think there's really a low or max. I think Filthy @Filthy It's just trying to set a bar so that people don't feel intimidated and participating. Some people have sent some pretty amazing and expensive gifts over the years but I don't think anybody needs to feel obligated to do that.

If somebody sends an expensive gift I don't think it has anything to do with demanding one in return but rather just how fun it is to make somebody's day.
I know of some pretty fancy pocket protectors. I’m hoping I get one of the nerds.

M

member 3289

It's a shame OP didn't try to find someone else to run it this year...

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
This reminds me, La Paix @Nuk Soo Kow you normally fish lakes, correct? What size rod do you have and what patterns do you normally use? I’m to lazy to dig up my flyfishing thread that failed, and I need some motivation to tie up some trout flies. I’ve been stuck on steelhead flies for what seems like forever. Also, have you started fishing rivers yet? I want to tie you a few flies and see that hogs you get on them? Let me know, babe.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
This reminds me, La Paix @Nuk Soo Kow you normally fish lakes, correct? What size rod do you have and what patterns do you normally use? I’m to lazy to dig up my flyfishing thread that failed, and I need some motivation to tie up some trout flies. I’ve been stuck on steelhead flies for what seems like forever. Also, have you started fishing rivers yet? I want to tie you a few flies and see that hogs you get on them? Let me know, babe.
5/6 wt that’s 9’6”. I can get out river fishing often with a friend who makes experienced but I really enjoy my float tube still. Next season I’ll go to the river more though. For still water trout my go to flies are…

Leech- Black, brown and olive
Wooley bugger- black brown olive
Gomphus nymph- grey
Tom thumb
Pumpkin head leech

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
5/6 wt that’s 9’6”. I can get out river fishing often with a friend who makes experienced but I really enjoy my float tube still. Next season I’ll go to the river more though. For still water trout my go to flies are…

Leech- Black, brown and olive
Wooley bugger- black brown olive
Gomphus nymph- grey
Tom thumb
Pumpkin head leech
Please get on the rivers as soon as your regulations allow. I honestly think it’s much easier to find the fish. The holding water is so easy to find once you can read it. Either way, I’m going to tie you some flies this week, and send them up. Have you done any steelhead fishing yet?

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
If I get you, I’m going to throw a bunch of angry wasps in a box and mail it to you. Merry Christmas Fucko!
If I get you I’m gonna show up at your door with a bow on my shin and give you a concussion for Christmas.

Then do some brodys in your yard while I listen to the Walker Texas Ranger theme song on repeat.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
If I get you I’m gonna show up at your door with a bow on my shin and give you a concussion for Christmas.

Then do some brodys in your yard while I listen to the Walker Texas Ranger theme song on repeat.
seems like you're in...but....