Sci/Tech Self-Driving 40k lbs of Butter for 2800 miles

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Fewer vehicles with lighter loads delivering the same amount of product?

I'm gonna need to see your math on that one.
you're gonna need to hit up an industrial engineer for the math. But it's about economies of Just-In-Time delivery and the opportunity cost of storage.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
One thing the AD utopia crowd seem to ignore is that driving is a really hard thing that humans are actually pretty good at.
humans are very effective at processing and prioritizing parallel inputs. But it's a system that's easily overwhelmed and paralyzed.

if you've ever rolled a car, you know that you see the horizon rotating in the windshield. That's because your 'CPU' has over-prioritized your vision and is fixated on a single 'reference frame'.

Computers don't suffer from that short-coming, but they're only beginning to get as good as people at prioritizing inputs. The thing about AI is that it tends to not make the same mistake twice.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
i'll be back in couple hours. I'm wicked sick and need to get a nap in.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
But it's about economies of Just-In-Time delivery and the opportunity cost of storage.
Just in time inventory requires more vehicles, not less. Reduction of warehouse storage with quicker inventory turns requires more deliveries of what you need, when you need it.

I don't care if it's a human, an L4 or David Lee Roth driving those vehicles.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Just in time inventory requires more vehicles, not less. Reduction of warehouse storage with quicker inventory turns requires more deliveries of what you need, when you need it.

I don't care if it's a human, an L4 or David Lee Roth driving those vehicles.
i can't sleep. Thanks, fuckers. o_O

my cousin is an IE for FedEx, I'll give him a call and see if he can explain it so a functional retard like me can understand it.

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
If you want to rob a truck with people on it, it's not hard, there's just more risk of someone getting hurt. Drivers aren't paid to be heroes, they'll hand over everything, including the keys. At least AI can't be threatened into opening the locked doors or driving to a hideout.

Sounds like the voice of experience.