General Senate Judiciary Committee Report on Jan 6th

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
When Donald Trump says stuff it's inciting. When Ray Epps says stuff it's just a guy saying things.
When you or I or a newspaper columnist publicly opines about the appropriate verdict for someone who is currently on trial, it's fine.

When the President publicly opines about what the verdict should be, it is NOT fine.

That's because when someone is or was the President, the rules and codes of conduct are different.

You fucking simpleton. Are you seriously that rock stupid that you don't realise that?

??

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
real journalism.

I skimmed through that article, and one bit stood out to me:

The Huffington Post's White House reporter S.V. Date said that it was wrong to compare 1/6 to 9/11, because the former — the three-hour riot at the Capitol — was “1,000 percent worse.”

"From what intelligence has gathered, it would be 9/11 times ten."

"9/11 times ten? Jesus, that's-"

"Yes - nine thousnad, one hundred and ten!"

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
Seems kind of an odd comparison, between a POTUS and some guy I'd never have heard of outside this forum.
No real equivalency to be found there.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
When you or I or a newspaper columnist publicly opines about the appropriate verdict for someone who is currently on trial, it's fine.

When the President publicly opines about what the verdict should be, it is NOT fine.

That's because when someone is or was the President, the rules and codes of conduct are different.

You fucking simpleton. Are you seriously that rock stupid that you don't realise that?

??

Convincing the base. According to a new NPR/Ipsos poll, two-thirds of Republicans believe that “voter fraud helped Biden win the 2020 election”. In a new University of Massachusetts poll, 71% of Republicans said Biden was not legitimately elected president. A third of Trump voters told NPR they believe the conspiracy theory that the 6 January attack was a false-flag operation by “opponents of Donald Trump, including antifa and government agents”.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016

Convincing the base. According to a new NPR/Ipsos poll, two-thirds of Republicans believe that “voter fraud helped Biden win the 2020 election”. In a new University of Massachusetts poll, 71% of Republicans said Biden was not legitimately elected president. A third of Trump voters told NPR they believe the conspiracy theory that the 6 January attack was a false-flag operation by “opponents of Donald Trump, including antifa and government agents”.
Lol NPR isn't biased at all..

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
The power and influence they wield simply isn't equivalent.
I don't disagree. But you seem like you may be somewhat unfamiliar with how angry mobs work. The BLM peaceful protests are a good example. Most of them didn't erupt into violence. Why? Because most of them didn't have some A-hole going "Dude, do it. Just throw that brick through the window. You're doing it for social justice." Mobs gather at the macro level, but riots are incited and the micro level.

Now, if Trump had said "Everyone burn this fucker down!!!" Well, that's a different story, but he said nothing like that. This Ray Epps fella is almost certainly an intelligence asset to be in so many places trying to get other people to do illegal shit, but not having the book thrown at him.