General Senate Judiciary Committee Report on Jan 6th

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
I could very easily state the same about you. Did the officers open the gates outside or did they open the doors to the building?

Is opening gates outside allowing rioters access to the building?

Has anyone been charged for crossing that boundary outside the building that didn’t also participate in other crimes?
Based on your posts on Epps its safe to say you feel Trump is innocent of this question:

You got a real soft spot for the undercover agent Epps..

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
So you also think Ray Epps should be in jail?
You mean?
Do I think that a man on video multiple times helping incite a riot. should be in custody and face potential charges?

Yes and don’t give me the weak ass but Trump script. You can’t possibly see the videos and not think the whole situation is shady as fuck.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Opening some gates when they’re being trampled condones break and enter or trespassing?
you're cherry-picking examples that align with your narrative, while completely ignoring the many examples of exactly what I stated which have been posted in this thread and elsewhere.

this is willful ignorance.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Based on your posts on Epps its safe to say you feel Trump is innocent of this question:

Yes, I have yet to seen otherwise. But not all the info has been presented yet, as I have stated with Epps.

But considering your desire to lock Americans up for words, I am surprised you feel Trump is innocent.

If Epps committed a crime, Trump committed a crime.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
You mean?
Do I think that a man on video multiple times helping incite a riot. should be in custody and face potential charges?

Yes and don’t give me the weak ass but Trump script. You can’t possibly see the videos and not think the whole situation is shady as fuck.
What statement did he make that has you claiming he incited a riot?

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
you're cherry-picking examples that align with your narrative, while completely ignoring the many examples of exactly what I stated which have been posted in this thread and elsewhere.

this is willful ignorance.
You stated the Capital Police let rioters into the building yet you posted a link to Capital Police removing barriers that were being rushed/ opening outdoor gates that had nothing to do with direct access to the capital building.

Yet on camera we see criminals smashing down doors and GOP members opening doors to let them in.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
So you feel any American that stated they need to go into the capital is guilty of inciting a riot?
Any American?
No not the guy 20 miles away that said it while eating lunch.
If you were telling people the day before and returned the next day to make sure people follow through.. Yes

Not sure about the people that said it after cops invited them in

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
You stated the Capital Police let rioters into the building yet you posted a link to Capital Police removing barriers that were being rushed/ opening outdoor gates that had nothing to do with direct access to the capital building.

Yet on camera we see criminals smashing down doors and GOP members opening doors to let them in.
so offering no resistance, supporting the "right to be here", etc is a manner of repelling an insurrection?

do you need to see video of Capitol Police opening a door in order to acknowledge that they let the people in?

LoL at Capitol Police didn't open the door, they just stood aside while someone with no authority opened the door...

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
i bailed on the last "insurrection or not" debate once i realized that it was just a silly debate of verbiage between the biggest nancies on the website, such as myself beard and filthy lol (im kidding)
It's not use anyway, you won't change minds that are set to what they want to believe in, or hear em admitting they weren't entirely correct.

Filthy @Filthy in particular here, nothing personal, but your "nothing can happen without guns" - statement was obviously false since I dropped a prime example in the peaceful revolution on you.
And especially December 4th would be a fitting comparison as far as the events of that day go.
But here you are a couple pages later again with such posts:
when has there ever been an unarmed insurrection, or one that the gov't didn't defend itself against, or one that went home when the gov't asked it to?
Now I know usually the reaction either is gonna be ignorance, or the attempt to mince words. But don't bother trying to make a discussion out of it. It's clear as day really, history is not on your side.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
I love a CT attempt to mitigate responsibility for this nonsense.
It's not our fault, we were let in and encouraged!

Fuck all that. Personal responsibility.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
It's not use anyway, you won't change minds that are set to what they want to believe in, or hear em admitting they weren't entirely correct.

Filthy @Filthy in particular here, nothing personal, but your "nothing can happen without guns" - statement was obviously false since I dropped a prime example in the peaceful revolution on you.
And especially December 4th would be a fitting comparison as far as the events of that day go.
But here you are a couple pages later again with such posts:

Now I know usually the reaction either is gonna be ignorance, or the attempt to mince words. But don't bother trying to make a discussion out of it. It's clear as day really, history is not on your side.
I cited several factors that indicate the difference between a riot and an insurrection.

none of them are present on Jan 6th. I never said "nothing can happen without guns".

guns aren't the only arms in the world. The BLM "mostly peaceful protests" involved molotovs, vehicles, and projectiles. But in this case we're talking about unarmed people marching on a political ceremony, to which the FedGov offered no resistance, to which the local gov't offered token resistance (not deploying any crowd-dispersing tactics or weapons), of which the local authorities voiced support, which was in support of the sitting Executive, which ended a few hours later when the FedGov asked.

nothing about that is an insurrection.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I love a CT attempt to mitigate responsibility for this nonsense.
It's not our fault, we were let in and encouraged!

Fuck all that. Personal responsibility.
I don't think anyone is saying that the rioters were not criminals or should not be prosecuted. But the media narrative of "Insurrection" is being used to justify a DoJ "domestic terrorism division".

so the Portland riots were also an insurrection?

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I cited several factors that indicate the difference between a riot and an insurrection.

none of them are present on Jan 6th. I never said "nothing can happen without guns".

guns aren't the only arms in the world. The BLM "mostly peaceful protests" involved molotovs, vehicles, and projectiles. But in this case we're talking about unarmed people marching on a political ceremony, to which the FedGov offered no resistance, to which the local gov't offered token resistance (not deploying any crowd-dispersing tactics or weapons), of which the local authorities voiced support, which was in support of the sitting Executive, which ended a few hours later when the FedGov asked.

nothing about that is an insurrection.
Now, I have to correct myself, because it wasn't in this thread. But who keeps track of that. Not me.

Anyway, you did say this tho:
maybe if they had weapons.

that's what an insurrection looks like, in case anyone hasn't seen an actual insurrection. Unarmed insurrection is oxymoronic.
This together with two of your questions are laid to rest. Stuff can happen without guns.

Idc about the Jan 6 discussion really, not really invested in that. But when you use blanket statements to argue your case, first check if those hold up. In this case, they don't.

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
I don't think anyone is saying that the rioters were not criminals or should not be prosecuted. But the media narrative of "Insurrection" is being used to justify a DoJ "domestic terrorism division".

so the Portland riots were also an insurrection?
Lmao. Don't forget Chaz. They had their own warlord passing out weapons. Do we have a day of memorial for that? We should.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Now, I have to correct myself, because it wasn't in this thread. But who keeps track of that. Not me.

Anyway, you did say this tho:

This together with two of your questions are laid to rest. Stuff can happen without guns.

Idc about the Jan 6 discussion really, not really invested in that. But when you use blanket statements to argue your case, first check if those hold up. In this case, they don't.
what blanket statement did I make?

MAYBE if they had weapons...because that would show intent to hold the Capitol. Or would at least show disregard for the laws of DC (open carrying of firearms is highly illegal there). It was less of a riot than the protests in Portland, which targeted government buildings and personnel with violence, and were sustained over weeks/months.

Why was no one calling those people "domestic terrorists" or "insurrectionists"?
I'm demanding consistency in how we label behavior.