Seo Hee Ham vs. Jinh Yu Frey in December!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Leto1776

Aug 25, 2017
XIAOMI ROAD FC 045 ANNOUNCEMENT
ROAD FC XX ALL FEMALE LEAGUE RETURNS WITH ATOMWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

For immediate release, October 17, 2017 - ROAD Fighting Championship announces the return of the all-women's MMA league for Xiaomi ROAD FC 045 XX in Seoul, South Korea on December 23, 2017. As the main event, world top ranked Ham Seo-Hee will make her first ROAD FC Atomweight title defense against world top challenger Jinh Yu Frey.

ROAD FC Atomweight Championship
Ham Seo-Hee vs Jinh Yu Frey

ROAD FC Atomweight Champion Ham Seo-Hee (18-8, Team MAD) is the current reigning, defending titleholder, and the pioneer for women's MMA in South Korea. Ham made her debut in Japan's DEEP with an impressive win over veteran Hisae Watanabe. She racked up a record of 12-5 with wins over V.V Mei Yamaguchi, Emi Fujino, and Naho Sugiyama, and was only finished twice in 10 years by the legendary Megumi Fujii and Invicta Atomweight champ Ayaka Hamasaki.

Ham debuted in ROAD FC in 2014 with back to back wins over Alyona Rassohyna and Shino VanHoose, then claimed the DEEP Jewels Featherweight title from Saori Ishioka. She made history as the first female fighter from South Korea in the UFC, with her debut against Joanne Calderwood awarded as one of the greatest strawweight fights of all time. After going 1-3 with the promotion, Ham returned home to Korea and to her proper weight class of 48kgs. Again she made history by winning the first ROAD FC Women's Atomweight title by finishing DEEP champion Mina Kurobe in a thrilling battle.

Jinh Yu Frey (6-2, Genesis Jiu Jitsu HQ) is the former Invicta FC Atomweight title challenger and now top-ranked in the world's first all-female MMA promotion. Although her Korean father was a Taekwondo master and a Moo Duk Kwan coach, it wasn't until she was 22 that she got into combat sports with kickboxing. Frey transitioned from amateur to professional MMA through the top USA amateur promotion Tuff-N-Uff, and when she went pro she also went viral with her double-punch KO of Darla Harris.

While working a full-time job and getting her MBA, Frey climbed to the top of the women's atomweight rankings with a win over Herica Tiburcio and a title challenge against Ayaka Hamasaki. Although the match was ended by a cut, Frey's performance cemented her chance to rematch Hamasaki. However, first she rebounded with a win over Ashley Cummins. When Hamasaki moved up to strawweight, Frey became the top of the division. Frey's well-rounded, technical style has gained a staunch following and made her a threat to everyone in the division.

ROAD FC Atomweight Champion Ham Seo-Hee versus Jinh Yu Frey is the world's most important match in the division today. ROAD FC is committed to advancing women's Mixed Martial Arts, and is proud to showcase two of the best fighters on the planet at Xiaomi ROAD FC 045 XX!
link: ROAD FC

I'll make a more official event thread when the fights are all announced.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I thought Frey was with Invicta? Either way I want to see this. I've always liked hamderlei and it's too bad she was always fighting out of her natural weight class in the UFC. Both of the girls have had some shit luck in their careers too hopefully this fight goes off without an issue.

Ham is looking good fighting at 105.

Last edited:

Leto1776

Aug 25, 2017
I thought Frey was with Invicta? Either way I want to see this. I've always liked hamderlei and it's too bad she was always fighting out of her natural weight class in the UFC. Both of the girls have had some shit luck in their careers too hopefully this fight goes off without an issue.

Ham is looking good fighting at 105.

Invicta doesn't always hold fighters to exclusive contracts.

Juchi

Lurker
Oct 17, 2017
Really excitedto see this fight but does anybody know what's happened to Hamasaki? Some say she is no longer competing at 105, but just last week, MMA Junkie referred to her as “the Current atomweight champion Ayaka Hamasaki,” Invicta FC’s website still refers to her as the atomweight champion, and numerous ranking organizations rank Hamasaki #1 at 105.

Leto1776

Aug 25, 2017
Really excitedto see this fight but does anybody know what's happened to Hamasaki? Some say she is no longer competing at 105, but just last week, MMA Junkie referred to her as “the Current atomweight champion Ayaka Hamasaki,” Invicta FC’s website still refers to her as the atomweight champion, and numerous ranking organizations rank Hamasaki #1 at 105.
Invicta, maybe Kedzie specifically, has said that in spite of her setback in her last fight, Hamasaki is committed to strawweight and making it to the UFC. The atomweight title is currently vacant. Invicta is notoriously bad about updating their website (think old ufc.tv in mid 2000s)
, while some rankings rarely update certain weight classes. As of the most recent update, Ham is on top the the 105 lb rankings according to the Unifieed rankings of Mixed Martial Arts.

Korean on Korean violence. Nice.

Both of them like to throw down. I'll probably have to catch a replay, no idea how to watch this.

Edit: Looks like they broadcast on Youtube ROAD FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP
YT and Fite TV.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Seo Hee Ham is a very entertaining fighter. Tough as nails. Id love to see her get another shot in the UFC.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Invicta, maybe Kedzie specifically, has said that in spite of her setback in her last fight, Hamasaki is committed to strawweight and making it to the UFC. The atomweight title is currently vacant. Invicta is notoriously bad about updating their website (think old ufc.tv in mid 2000s)
, while some rankings rarely update certain weight classes. As of the most recent update, Ham is on top the the 105 lb rankings according to the Unifieed rankings of Mixed Martial Arts.

YT and Fite TV.
Live on YouTube?