Sergie Kharitonov vs Matt Mitrione - Feb.15

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

CLINTK9

Oct 20, 2015
Google Translate

The Russian Sergei Kharitonov has announced in the Russian media that on 15 February 2019 he planned his next Bellator MMA party. Kharitonov meets the American Matt Mitrione. It is not known where Bellator MMA will hold the event. A day later in Uncasville, Connecticut, the grudge match is on the program between Paul Daley and Michael Page. It is likely that Bellator will come again with a "double-header" in the weekend of 15 and 16 February 2019.

CLINTK9

Oct 20, 2015
great fight!

hopefully hunt & barnett find there way over here. some great hw fights for them in bellator!

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
This is such a great fight.
It reminds me of A.Emelianenko vs. Kharitinov.
Both A.Emelianenko and Mitrione are taller, bigger guys that favor their hands but could be described as light on the feet.
Sergei is not; great, tough "bullish" boxing.

This is a Pride throwback fight; unfortunately downed opponent head strikes are obviously not allowed.
It will be interesting to see if Mitrione can use precision to negate Sergei's defense, because he's gonna need to.
There's virtually nothing in the Sergei/Ayala fight Mitrione can incorporate, but there's tons of video that can be studied.

I like both guys, Mitrione more personally, which back in the day I never thought I'd say.
Mitrione was annoying on TUF, and Sergei was already an established perennial dark horse.
Matt grew on me, I met and talked with him, very likeable, whereas Sergei kinda stayed in his circuit.

Great heavyweight fight hardcore fans should love.
I'm not gonna pick and just enjoy my personal anticipation surrounding this one;
either one could be wearing a belt had the stars aligned, so it earns main event status in my eyes.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
This is such a great fight.
It reminds me of A.Emelianenko vs. Kharitinov.
Both A.Emelianenko and Mitrione are taller, bigger guys that favor their hands but could be described as light on the feet.
Sergei is not; great, tough "bullish" boxing.

This is a Pride throwback fight; unfortunately downed opponent head strikes are obviously not allowed.
It will be interesting to see if Mitrione can use precision to negate Sergei's defense, because he's gonna need to.
There's virtually nothing in the Sergei/Ayala fight Mitrione can incorporate, but there's tons of video that can be studied.

I like both guys, Mitrione more personally, which back in the day I never thought I'd say.
Mitrione was annoying on TUF, and Sergei was already an established perennial dark horse.
Matt grew on me, I met and talked with him, very likeable, whereas Sergei kinda stayed in his circuit.

Great heavyweight fight hardcore fans should love.
I'm not gonna pick and just enjoy my personal anticipation surrounding this one;
either one could be wearing a belt had the stars aligned, so it earns main event status in my eyes.
Right on th money sparkuri @sparkuri!!!

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I remember Kharitonov beating semmy shilt up real bad
was a big parting of sending him on his way from MMA

If them hands get going Matt will have serious problems....Sergie will jab, get comfortable and then pick you apart if you don't make him respect your power early...He is a momentum/rhythm fighter