Lifestyle Serious question, re: pizza.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
I believe we have discussed whether or not a hot dog is a sandwich, but do you consider pizza to be a bread. It has all the mandatory ingredients to be bread, but do you think of it as such?

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
if pizza is bread then a huarache is bread with toppings,if pizza is bread then pizza can also be a donut if pizza is a donut then the world is yours the world is mine.

huarache:

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Pizza is pie. There are other Italian foods with pizza in the name that are not pizza, e.g. pizza dulce and pizza rustica.

Therefore I would conclude that huarache (based on the photo) can be considered a kind of pizza, but a donut, probably not. Although the filled ones are sort of like small pies. So maybe those, sometimes.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
No.
Bread is bread.
Pizza is pizza.

We might not be able to "label" people anymore, but I will continue to label food.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
No.
Bread is bread.
Pizza is pizza.

We might not be able to "label" people anymore, but I will continue to label food.
Pizza is pie. There are other Italian foods with pizza in the name that are not pizza, e.g. pizza dulce and pizza rustica.

Therefore I would conclude that huarache (based on the photo) can be considered a kind of pizza, but a donut, probably not. Although the filled ones are sort of like small pies. So maybe those, sometimes.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
I should clarify, when I said they are not pizza, I meant they are not traditional pizza on bread, often with tomato sauce and/or cheese.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I don't think that pizza is a bread. Pizza is what you get when you put toppings on a flatbread.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
So is pizza an open faced sandwich?

Also are hot dogs sandwiches?
I don't believe in "open faced sandwiches"

If it's open then it's just stuff on toast.

Of course, I had some homemade, poor folk, ghetto pizza that was made pretty similarly to that.