Several Strength & Conditioning Workouts

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ShareaWorkout

Nov 19, 2016
Hello one more time,

I wanted to share several workouts, that I already got on my project' website.
Strength & Conditioning category: Strength & Conditioning – Share a Workout
First of them:
  1. Pull ups.
  2. Dips.
  3. Standing oblique twists with kettlebell.
  4. Plyo push ups.
  5. Deadlift.
  6. Squat jumps with medicine ball.
  7. Explosive dumbbell shoulder presses.
  8. Barbell punches.
Work for 20 seconds, rest 10 seconds between exercises, repeat this circuit 4 times.
This workout was given by my MMA coach, I really enjoyed it, felt fast, powerful and loose after this workout. Deadlift was added, because I wanted to strengthen my back.. Second circuit also felt great, but I felt little bit stiff and needed more stretching. Full article: Strength & Conditioning Workout #1 – Share a Workout

I am very happy, that I also received strength & conditioning routine for 6-8 weeks from certified S&C coach!

Day 1:

1. Foam rolling 10 min

2. Joint mobility, activation dynamic warm up 10-15 min

3.1. BW/DB squat jump 4×5

3.2. BW/Band assisted plyos push up 4×5-6

4.1. Goblet squat 3-4×10

4.2. Med ball sit ups 3×15

5.1. DB step up 3×8 each leg

5.2. DB Romanian deadlift 3×8

6.1. DB/KB Half-kneeling alternating overhead press 3×8 each arm

6.2. Wall dead bug 3×6 each leg

7. Farmer carry 3x20m

8. Stretching

Second day and full instructions are here: 6-8 weeks Power & Full Body Strength training program – Share a Workout
I will give it a try, after full recovery, from old elbow injury, which I felt again after starting MMA, maybe I will have to stick to Muay Thai for a while.

P.S. After this injury, I did a little bit research about Ido Portal. I found some routines on his old blog, I can post a link, if you want, mates :)

Sorry, for posting links, but the post will be too long.. And of course, I am very glad to see, that the amount of visitors are growing everyday! :)

ShareaWorkout

Nov 19, 2016
What I really liked about his training approach, that only after 4 workouts I have done at home, I feel that my movement is more fluid and that many small muscles started working, what, I believe, will prevent injuries. Another great think, I have stiff hips, I can throw head kicks easy, but need to warm up and stretch a little bit, but after doing Squat Clinic and Squat Clinic 2.0.

Here is a beginner workout, that I found on his old blog:
A1 Perform 5 min of jump rope
B1 Shoulder ROM and Stabilization routine X 1 set or Scapula Mobilization (I alternate between them)
C1 Ido's Squat Clinic Routine X 1 set or Squat Clinic 2.0 (I alternate between them)

D1 Slide Into Low Bridge X 5 reps of 5 seconds holds in position (each rep)
D2 Rotations Into Arch Using The Wall X 10 reps
D3 QDR Rotational Push Ups -Beginner variation 10 reps

Repeat D1-3 for 3 total sets

There are lots of different workouts, that I have collected from his old blog and have one useful link to the guide about those workouts.
Maybe it looks like non sense, but I like how I start to feel that I have more control in my own body. I have power, speed, etc., but never had great control of my whole body, that I could do hanstand, hanstand walk and etc.

Maybe an injury forced me to try those methods, because for two weeks I am skipping gym and only jogging, working on combos, stretching and have little bit more free time.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Hello one more time,

I wanted to share several workouts, that I already got on my project' website.
Strength & Conditioning category: Strength & Conditioning – Share a Workout
First of them:
  1. Pull ups.
  2. Dips.
  3. Standing oblique twists with kettlebell.
  4. Plyo push ups.
  5. Deadlift.
  6. Squat jumps with medicine ball.
  7. Explosive dumbbell shoulder presses.
  8. Barbell punches.
Work for 20 seconds, rest 10 seconds between exercises, repeat this circuit 4 times.
This workout was given by my MMA coach, I really enjoyed it, felt fast, powerful and loose after this workout. Deadlift was added, because I wanted to strengthen my back.. Second circuit also felt great, but I felt little bit stiff and needed more stretching. Full article: Strength & Conditioning Workout #1 – Share a Workout

I am very happy, that I also received strength & conditioning routine for 6-8 weeks from certified S&C coach!

Day 1:

1. Foam rolling 10 min

2. Joint mobility, activation dynamic warm up 10-15 min

3.1. BW/DB squat jump 4×5

3.2. BW/Band assisted plyos push up 4×5-6

4.1. Goblet squat 3-4×10

4.2. Med ball sit ups 3×15

5.1. DB step up 3×8 each leg

5.2. DB Romanian deadlift 3×8

6.1. DB/KB Half-kneeling alternating overhead press 3×8 each arm

6.2. Wall dead bug 3×6 each leg

7. Farmer carry 3x20m

8. Stretching

Second day and full instructions are here: 6-8 weeks Power & Full Body Strength training program – Share a Workout
I will give it a try, after full recovery, from old elbow injury, which I felt again after starting MMA, maybe I will have to stick to Muay Thai for a while.

P.S. After this injury, I did a little bit research about Ido Portal. I found some routines on his old blog, I can post a link, if you want, mates :)

Sorry, for posting links, but the post will be too long.. And of course, I am very glad to see, that the amount of visitors are growing everyday! :)
People, please do not do this. It is dangerous.

ShareaWorkout

Nov 19, 2016
Doing deadlifts and twists (or any strength exercise) for time is dangerous and there are much better and safer ways to build strength and cardio.
Because you are doing exercise for time, it doesn't mean, that you can break your form, am I right? How much strict deadlifts you could do under 20 seconds? 8-10? I don't see, how it can be harmless. I respect your opinion, because of your achievements (as I see, you are pro fighter), but I don't agree. It doesn't matter if you are doing exercise for time, or for reps, as long as you keep your form strict.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Because you are doing exercise for time, it doesn't mean, that you can break your form, am I right? How much strict deadlifts you could do under 20 seconds? 8-10? I don't see, how it can be harmless. I respect your opinion, because of your achievements (as I see, you are pro fighter), but I don't agree. It doesn't matter if you are doing exercise for time, or for reps, as long as you keep your form strict.
You're creating fatigue, which is dangerous with weight lifting. You're taxing your CNS and maintaining good form may not be possible (CNS fatigue can, among other things, lead to a loss of coordination). Additionally, you will not be able to perform your strength work optimally if you are racing against the clock. So you get a subpar work out that is dangerous.

I'm not the strongest guy in the world but I have won strength comps (including deadlift reps for time) and I've deadlifted more than 3 times my bodyweight in competition. Having experience doesn't mean I'm right but I have seen and experienced the dangers of lifting for time and my message is that there is no value to it.

ShareaWorkout

Nov 19, 2016
You're creating fatigue, which is dangerous with weight lifting. You're taxing your CNS and maintaining good form may not be possible (CNS fatigue can, among other things, lead to a loss of coordination). Additionally, you will not be able to perform your strength work optimally if you are racing against the clock. So you get a subpar work out that is dangerous.

I'm not the strongest guy in the world but I have won strength comps (including deadlift reps for time) and I've deadlifted more than 3 times my bodyweight in competition. Having experience doesn't mean I'm right but I have seen and experienced the dangers of lifting for time and my message is that there is no value to it.
My bad, that I didn't add note about performing those two exercises. Thank you. I have just written a warning in that article.
Warning: always maintain strict form while performing Deadlifts and Standing Oblique Twists, do not race with clock, performing those two. Stay safe!