Sports @Sex Chicken were you at a hockey game lately?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Think about that.
The shaft doesn't even include the scrotum area or head.
Gross right?

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Yep. And at the end of his shaft...is his knob.

That is correct sports fans. His stick has a knob at the end of it's shaft.

*fun fact -- ex Vancouver Canucks goalie Roberto Luongo had an awful run of bad luck with pucks deflecting into the net off of his knob during his stint with the Canucks. We Canucks fans couldn't help but feel shafted by the incredible run of bad luck Bobby had with his knob while he was here. Though we did get close to the gold mine one year. :)

M

member 3289

Off topic, but Sex Chicken trolling Throbbie Fart with the Tony Soprano avatar is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while on here...

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Off topic, but Sex Chicken trolling Throbbie Fart with the Tony Soprano avatar is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while on here...
It was beautiful because he just did it with no mention or attempt to rub it in his face thus drawing Throbbert out to play offense. I laughed out loud and enjoyed it.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

Hockey protest, 1968

After failing to persuade the Canucks’ general manager to lower the $2.50 price of hockey tickets, elementary school kids decided to hold a protest outside the Coliseum. Inside the 15,000 capacity arena, just 5278 seats were filled as Vancouver took on Seattle. The protesters argued that the venue would be filled if kids were offered 50 cent tickets, as they were the previous year.

Source: Vancouver Sun, 18 October 1968

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

Hockey protest, 1968

After failing to persuade the Canucks’ general manager to lower the $2.50 price of hockey tickets, elementary school kids decided to hold a protest outside the Coliseum. Inside the 15,000 capacity arena, just 5278 seats were filled as Vancouver took on Seattle. The protesters argued that the venue would be filled if kids were offered 50 cent tickets, as they were the previous year.

Source: Vancouver Sun, 18 October 1968
A little background on this. The probable reason for dropping the 50 cent kids tickets that year was that the owners of the team were trying to get an NHL expansion franchise and had shelled out some pretty big bucks to purchase the contracts of the AHL champion Rochester Americans in a bid to fill seats and win the championship to impress the NHL The move looked like it was going to backfire early on as the team was slow to adapt to it's strange new west coast surroundings for the first half season at least. Of course it was Vancouver and the media and fans went negative in a big way. The lightning rod for the fans wrath was the aging defenseman Don Cherry who became the whipping boy and was booed lustily every time he handled the puck. Of course Don never forgot this and he never hid his disdain for the team and the city after his improbable rise to Canadian tv icon Saturdays as a HNIC commentator.

Well the team did eventually right the ship and went on to win the Lester Patrick trophy, a feat they repeated the following year, their last in the old WHL. In a move to get away from the glare of the media spotlight coach/GM Joe Crozier put the team up in the then remote Horseshoe Bay motel and of course it worked like a charm. And, believe it or not, I'm sitting about a block away from this little motel as I type this.