Society Sex to boost film career is 'not rape': Weinstein lawyer

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Do you think Harvey Weinstein should be convicted for his alleged actions?

• Yes, even if it's not rape, it's intimidation, harassment, assault and maybe even extortion

• No need for him to go to jail, but he's rightfully been ostracized. He'll remain a pariah forever.

• No crime. He took advantage of women with questionable scruples who were willing to "give it up."

Results are only viewable after voting.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018
Let's have at it.

Discussion. Not action on the casting couch.

Do you agree with Harvey Weinstein's lawyer, Ben Brafman, who made this statement Saturday:

"If a woman decides that she needs to have sex with a Hollywood producer to advance her career and actually does it and finds the whole thing offensive, that's not rape," he told The Times.

"You made a conscious decision that you're willing to do something that is personally offensive in order to advance your career," he added.

Sex to boost film career is 'not rape': Weinstein lawyer

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I wanna hear the stories on roles/careers women got for saying yes.

that is what really interests me

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Some of the accusations were actual rape... Some were just using his power to be a perv and get young women to fuck him in exchange for benefits.

It's a strange situation where I don't view the second scenario as rape but it's definitely not right depending on how much pressure he put on them to do what he wanted. If they felt compelled to do it then that's on them. If there were threats that he would crush their careers if they didn't fuck him and watch him jerk off onto plants then that's pretty fucking horrible and he should get ass-raped for being such an ass. Then again, I also think that it's fucked up every time I see a hot, young woman with an old rich man.

Basically... Fuck him.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Unless he has actually raped someone, then he should not go to jail. Is he a douche and deserves to be outed as such? yes. Plenty of actresses took that offer though.

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
To the extent that he's saying that the casting couch isn't rape, he's right. It's prostitution.

I voted for the second option because, if that's all they can prove, then he shouldn't go to jail, but he's still as creepy as any other unfuckably fat and ugly John.