Cinema Sharp Objects premiere on HBO 7/8

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
seems like this reporter is disturbed by something in her past 31 minutes into the episode at her moms house

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
camille is driving drunk and the show implies she blacked out that could lead to some twists in future episodes

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
lol the liquor store owner nonchalantly looks at his watch after camille buys vodka. camille is living by the it's 5'o clock somewhere rule.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
this became true detective at the end of the episode with the corpse in the window

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
camille takes a bath at the end of the episode hbo misses an opportunity to show amy adams auburn mons veneris

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I only read half of the book because it was poorly written so I don’t know who “dunnit” but my bet’s on Amy Adams’ step dad or half sister. It’s already better than the book.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I only read half of the book because it was poorly written so I don’t know who “dunnit” but my bet’s on Amy Adams’ step dad or half sister. It’s already better than the book.
Yeh i wasnt too keen on the book. I made it through though. And i could see it being good on screen. As you said, episode 1 is already better than chapters 1-4 of 18

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
btw (and im just effin with you here dont worry). you are close. it might be one of them. or both of them. or neither of them. or both of them and others

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I hated the pilot. Found it to be derivative and boring. The short flashbacks annoy me and the camerawork gave me aids.

But I'll still be back next week for episode 2.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I hated the pilot. Found it to be derivative and boring. The short flashbacks annoy me and the camerawork gave me aids.

But I'll still be back next week for episode 2.
It drove husband mad because I kept piping up about "well that was word for word from the book" or "well that wasn't in the book". I'll keep my trap shut next episode. I really like Amy Adams, she's done a good job so far.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
It drove husband mad because I kept piping up about "well that was word for word from the book" or "well that wasn't in the book". I'll keep my trap shut next episode. I really like Amy Adams, she's done a good job so far.
The girl they got to play teenage Amy Adams is great casting.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Haven't heard of it and I'm not crazy about Amy Adams but I'll give it a try once a few episodes are available.

HBO is usually pretty good.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
hahaha they definitely had a lot of word for word dialogue from the book

but so does season 1 of game of thrones

and i could tell when they left something out. like the father sayhing "i'd glad she was killed not raped." in the books, a little later he says "you know i wasn't serious about that, its just" or something like that

i probably missed something in the show because that's where my head was at. hearing lines from the books

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
hahaha they definitely had a lot of word for word dialogue from the book

but so does season 1 of game of thrones

and i could tell when they left something out. like the father sayhing "i'd glad she was killed not raped." in the books, a little later he says "you know i wasn't serious about that, its just" or something like that

i probably missed something in the show because that's where my head was at. hearing lines from the books
I'm kinda happy I ditched the book because I really want to know who did it, but I'm enjoying it so far so hopefully it'll be a bit of a shock.

I know you've seen the movie but you've forgotten the plot twist so you really need to read it. It was my moving to the US plane book and I just couldn't put it down.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I thought it was a pretty good start to the series. I did find the flashbacks a little heavy handed and over used. There were little carved messages throughout the show. I noticed “Girl” carved into the painting in the dollhouse.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I thought it was a pretty good start to the series. I did find the flashbacks a little heavy handed and over used. There were little carved messages throughout the show. I noticed “Girl” carved into the painting in the dollhouse.
HBO are great with little clues and things to look into the background for. True Detective for example I always watched the episode twice.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Episode 2 is even worse than the pilot.

More stupid quick flashbacks.

The sound mixing when Amy Adams goes to the baseball field to talk to that little kid made my herpes flare up. She's probably 60 feet from the kid but it sounds like they're standing next to each other.

I hate everything about this show.

See you next Sunday.