Shit thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Okay Ive run Boring but big (BBB) a few times but not the full cycle.

I was going to do a more advanced program like Sheiko but after a long lay off I think it might be best to re-build a foundation. Ive also come to terms with the fact that I was always an ego lifter, so Im going to go light with the ethos that any rep that wouldnt get green lighted in a PL comp doesnt count, including the big 3 assistance 5 x 10 lifts BBB.

Here is the spreadsheet 531 Excel Spreadsheet by Poteto v1.28 - All Things Gym

Ive brought my guestimated 1RM down to a number I think I can hit at full depth at comp standards every rep without missing, here they are in KG

Squat 120
Bench Press 65
Deadlift 130
Shoulder Press 60

The calculator shaves off 10% to create your working max.

According to the projection laid out by the calculator by cycle 13 my 1rms should look like this in KGs

Squat 253
Bench Press 132
Deadlift 263
Shoulder Press 127

This gives me a 648KG total or 1428LB total in 13 months, I reckon Ill get higher cause as you can see my bench is weak AF and Ive got some newbie gains to make still (after benching for years)

Ill try to track my diet too but no promises there. Let me know if you guys want me to experiment with anything within reason IE run a paleo diet for a month at some point and see how my numbers progress under it. Got to be within reason IE get fucked if you want me to go vegan for a month just for shits and giggles.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Okay did the squat routine.

3 x 5 working sets are a breeze for week 1.

5 x 10 were a breeze until s4

Added in leg extensions 3 x 8 & db curls 3 x 10

All in all was easy but takes forever which isn't good in peak hour. Lots of unhappy people waiting for me to finish.

PWO drink chocolate milk 135ml

Pwo meal leftover spaghetti bolanaise and 3 pan fried chicken thighs with a side of raw greens.

Dis goan hurt tomorrow.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Just so I get this straight, whilst it looks like you plan to double your lifts in a year, you won't actually be doubling them, right? You can deadlift more than 130kg?

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Just so I get this straight, whilst it looks like you plan to double your lifts in a year, you won't actually be doubling them, right? You can deadlift more than 130kg?
I deadlift a shit load more than that, not sure if I mentioned it but I fucked my back warming up @ 170kg months ago so im a little timid but since the injury Ive pulled a 180 DL but doesnt feel right as in Im mentally not there.

Just starting slow is all.

From your PM, hope you dont mind me posting it here if you do let me know.

Leigh "I did it for a couple of years but it's murder on your CNS"

^^Do you think it would have been more manageable if you were purely lifting on not MMAing?

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I deadlift a shit load more than that, not sure if I mentioned it but I fucked my back warming up @ 170kg months ago so im a little timid but since the injury Ive pulled a 180 DL but doesnt feel right as in Im mentally not there.

Just starting slow is all.

From your PM, hope you dont mind me posting it here if you do let me know.

Leigh "I did it for a couple of years but it's murder on your CNS"

^^Do you think it would have been more manageable if you were purely lifting on not MMAing?
Yes, I was doing all my lifts on one day or sometimes split into two. No accessory work though. Lifting to failure always fries me (and most people) and it isn't necessary to build muscle.

So back to your numbers, you're really planning on going from 180 to 263, not 130 to 263. That's still a ridiculous jump.

I also hurt my back being dumb with 170kg deadlifts. I tried for about a year afterwards to get back to deadlifting but I gave up when my back had a relapse. I herniated a disc and had horrendous sciatica.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Yes, I was doing all my lifts on one day or sometimes split into two. No accessory work though. Lifting to failure always fries me (and most people) and it isn't necessary to build muscle.
Agree for most going to failure isnt a good idea at least mot frequently but for me it works, I tend to recover well especially now that Im working from home and have a hot tub at my disposal. Agree its not necessary to build muscle either. My hypertrophy goals are merely a means to an end IE to get me to lift heavier + Ive always wanted to be 100KG on the nose.

So back to your numbers, you're really planning on going from 180 to 263, not 130 to 263. That's still a ridiculous jump.
Nah thats just what the calculator produced for the end (13) cycle, lets see how we go, I reckon within a month I could EASILY pull more than 180KG for a triple, DLs are my gift lift while Squats and bench I am basically disabled. No joke. Sorry my OP is kinda misleading the calculator works out what your progress should be, too early for me to set such finite goals number wise IMHO.

I also hurt my back being dumb with 170kg deadlifts. I tried for about a year afterwards to get back to deadlifting but I gave up when my back had a relapse. I herniated a disc and had horrendous sciatica.
^^^This is my greatest fear at the moment, if it happens im on the monkey bars with you for life haha

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Leigh @Leigh please delete this thread mate. I made a massive fuck up. Im not meant to be on this program.

I'm meant to be doing Canditos 6 week strength program then this when we get back from Fiji in October.

FUCK

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
How much bodyfat?
99%+? nah not sure but definitely not all muscle (obviously) everything has grown including my gut

This is a typical days food @ 90KG

Breakfast 6 soft fried eggs + 1.5 cups oats in whole milk

morning tea left overs or maybe a sammich with lunch meat

Lunch - Takeaway or walk over to mums for plate of curry and rice sometimes even veggie curry only with rice (tastes good man)

Afternoon tea - meat and rice or potatoes

Train 1800- 2000

PWO - Chocolate milk + food court dim sim (these are gun - prolly empty cals but IDGAF)

Dinner Lately Ive been buying a pre marinaded Jamie Oliver chicken pack between 400g to 500g pan fry that and eat with rice (always got rice on) or some freshly made chinese from a place below the gym where all the chinese eat so its pretty fresh/good

before bed snack ice cream

Thought I may as well post this cause I always hear about guys who cant gain weight and take shit loads of sups but I reckon they just dont eat enough or are young and active (so dont eat enough for their expenditure). The other thing I hear is that guys dot have time for 6-8 meals, well there is 8 meals its not that hard, If I took sups I could drop two meals or increase my meals to ten a day (overkill imho but maybe ok for young dudes)

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
LOL you going for the 80s pro wrassler look?
Give us a sample meal plan for someone who is gaining. Just one day if you would be so kind. Obviously portion sizes would have to be adjusted but im.talking what your meals would be made of.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Give us a sample meal plan for someone who is gaining. Just one day if you would be so kind. Obviously portion sizes would have to be adjusted but im.talking what your meals would be made of.
I think the meals you listed are good, although you want more fruit and veg. But if I've followed correctly, you already carry some bodyfat and now you've gained 6kg in a month, a fraction of which will be muscle.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
I think the meals you listed are good, although you want more fruit and veg. But if I've followed correctly, you already carry some bodyfat and now you've gained 6kg in a month, a fraction of which will be muscle.
Time for a shirtless pic mate?

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Not required LOL.If you don't have abs, get them first
Hahahaha okay but can you please give me 1 days meal plan ? I get that you're okay with what I posted but what about to build "leanly"

Please don't reply about macros or ill cry.

Macros = excel spreadsheets