Shit thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Hahahaha okay but can you please give me 1 days meal plan ? I get that you're okay with what I posted but what about to build "leanly"

Please don't reply about macros or ill cry.

Macros = excel spreadsheets
Depends on the individual. I'm fine with high carbs. You may not be. I'd suggest replacing all your carbs with fruit but in general, get lean and then go with what you posted. If you start gaining too much fat, clean it up.

Don't do a Dreamer bulk

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Depends on the individual. I'm fine with high carbs. You may not be. I'd suggest replacing all your carbs with fruit but in general, get lean and then go with what you posted. If you start gaining too much fat, clean it up.

Don't do a Dreamer bulk
Thats interesting. So no rice with my meat just have say chicken with steamed veggies then some fruit instead of the ice cream before bed?

Ahhh all thise years of being a nin skinny "hard gainer" hello late 30's!

So hard to find sample meal plan for PLing but I suppose you're meant to be able to work it out yourself

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Leigh @Leigh

Hows this looking so far today?

1.5 cups of oats in whole milk for breakfast

3 garlic chicken thighs pan fried for morning tea

200g pepper steak for lunch

Ill get some fruit for afternoon tea maybe even a cupa

then lift (heavy squat)

Then dinner - Chicken and salad?

Then a snack gonna meet you 1/2 way and have some fruit cut into low fat vanilla ice cream before bed

One other question, since Im replacing my carbs with fruit does that mean absolutely no carbs with main meals? Im finding it strange to eat meat with no rice/bread/pasta but its only day 1 so meh

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Leigh @Leigh

Hows this looking so far today?

1.5 cups of oats in whole milk for breakfast

3 garlic chicken thighs pan fried for morning tea

200g pepper steak for lunch

Ill get some fruit for afternoon tea maybe even a cupa

then lift (heavy squat)

Then dinner - Chicken and salad?

Then a snack gonna meet you 1/2 way and have some fruit cut into low fat vanilla ice cream before bed

One other question, since Im replacing my carbs with fruit does that mean absolutely no carbs with main meals? Im finding it strange to eat meat with no rice/bread/pasta but its only day 1 so meh
Yes. Try it out, eat shed loads of fruit, even with your meat

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Yes. Try it out, eat shed loads of fruit, even with your meat
Orange duck doesnt count I take it?

LOLZ just kidding thanks mate Ill try it out for a week and report back. Be interesting to see where my weight goes since this is my "heavy weight accumulation" week on the Candito program

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
“There is simply no other exercise, and certainly no machine, that produces the level of central nervous system activity, improved balance and coordination, skeletal loading and bone density enhancement, muscular stimulation and growth, connective tissue stress and strength, psychological demand and toughness, and overall systemic conditioning than the correctly performed full squat.” –Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training

For later

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Orange duck doesnt count I take it?

LOLZ just kidding thanks mate Ill try it out for a week and report back. Be interesting to see where my weight goes since this is my "heavy weight accumulation" week on the Candito program
I LOVE duck in orange sauce. You could probably eat duck with some oranges. Not the same but still a palatable meal.

“There is simply no other exercise, and certainly no machine, that produces the level of central nervous system activity, improved balance and coordination, skeletal loading and bone density enhancement, muscular stimulation and growth, connective tissue stress and strength, psychological demand and toughness, and overall systemic conditioning than the correctly performed full squat.” –Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training

For later
A buddy and I took to weighted ruck marches a couple years ago. After 20 km bumbling through the undergrowth and trails, a person can begin to feel something akin to what squats do. It's similar but different.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
A buddy and I took to weighted ruck marches a couple years ago. After 20 km bumbling through the undergrowth and trails, a person can begin to feel something akin to what squats do. It's similar but different.
Oh im sure thats worse than squatting in a controlled environment, long marches is what the British/NZ/AUS SAS do as their entry test as opposed to the glamour boy stuff the americans do (who are equally good no doubt), I thought the long marches would be easy until an ex military guy at the gym set me straight.

Did you get foot rot? I heard that can be an issue..

Oh im sure thats worse than squatting in a controlled environment, long marches is what the British/NZ/AUS SAS do as their entry test as opposed to the glamour boy stuff the americans do (who are equally good no doubt), I thought the long marches would be easy until an ex military guy at the gym set me straight.

Did you get foot rot? I heard that can be an issue..
Foot rot sets when your feet are always in the boot or never get a chance to breath and rest.
However, funny you should ask because for whatever reason I get a lot of blisters and it doesn't matter how often I go running or hiking- ah well, that's what tape is for :)

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
I LOVE duck in orange sauce. You could probably eat duck with some oranges. Not the same but still a palatable meal.
One thing Ive noticed today is I dont get those sharp hunger spikes like I do on high carbs, even now after the gym my stomach is grumbling but im not hungry to death like every other day, its only day 1 so could be anything. also started lower volume and more intensity so that might be it

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Foot rot sets when your feet are always in the boot or never get a chance to breath and rest.
However, funny you should ask because for whatever reason I get a lot of blisters and it doesn't matter how often I go running or hiking- ah well, that's what tape is for :)
We have a decent walking trail here,whats a good starting distance for a ruck walk/march?

Here's our local walk Walking Tracks | City of Parramatta Council

We have a decent walking trail here,whats a good starting distance for a ruck walk/march?

Honestly, it's whatever distance you choose. As long as you choose a trail that lets you enjoy the surroundings and you're physically up to it (think: knees, ankles, feet and potentially your back) then have at er. You know you better than I ever will but try 10 km with about 10% of your bodyweight in a rucksack and see if it's your thing. :)

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Honestly, it's whatever distance you choose. As long as you choose a trail that lets you enjoy the surroundings and you're physically up to it (think: knees, ankles, feet and potentially your back) then have at er. You know you better than I ever will but try 10 km with about 10% of your bodyweight in a rucksack and see if it's your thing. :)
Cheers mate I will do this weekend, the kids are loving the local creek and want to take lunch down and explore, I get to be a kid again too :)

This saturday Im GI JOE!

Shit, I just looked at the map- uh those walking paths are for fucking losers although the one that goes around Lake Parramatta could do.... Depending on how safe it is for your kids, you could go up north west to Duffy's Forest, Terry Hills or a bit east of that to Berowra Valley National Park. Or maybe that's more a solitary thing...
Carrying supplies for the kids will work out for them and you.
DON'T roll an ankle with kids in tow!

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Shit, I just looked at the map- uh those walking paths are for fucking losers. Go up north west to Duffy's Forest, Terry Hills or a bit east of that to Berowra Valley National Park

The one that goes around Lake Parramatta could do...

haha fair enough but Ive got a 7 and 8 year old with me champ. Plus we dont walk the tracks we walk in the creek