Lifestyle Shittest band? Poll

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Shittest?

• U2

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • Beatles

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
5 finger death punch should be on this list as well theory of a nickel creed

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Are you shitting me? Next song was billy Rey Cyrus, which I can deal with. Next song. U2

Fuck

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Okay update.

It's seems some of you donkey brains don't understand that this is a poll with two possible answers.

I tried to keep it simple for you guys

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
;)

Still, both of these ballads are light years ahead the disgusting horror of the title track. 'The Magician's Birthday' is Heep's artistic nadir and should probably be studied in rock textbooks as the Ultimate example of "Progressive Rock As Misinterpreted By A Bunch Of Dumbheads". The musical, lyrical, and conceptual wretchedness of the song is truly unmatched - it really took a lot of gall to pen something like that. Mick Box's gruff riff that opens the song is the only half-bright moment here. After that we get carried through a picture of the band (or the lyrics' protagonists) going to a party to celebrate a magician's birthday (illustrated by dorky chantings of 'happy birthday to you' accompanied by a kazoo), then we get to know that something evil happened at the party after which Mick Box steps in with an unterminable heavy metal solo, prime dentist office trash at that. When you're already going to poop, the solo finally fades away and the band starts singing as if from the point of view of the evil spirit who had disturbed the party, threatening to beat the stuffing out of everybody, but all of a sudden the spirit goes away, defeated by love. Don't ask me what this all means - I suppose it means nothing more and nothing less than I have just described. Musically, this is about as inane as it gets: the solo is technically solid, but generic to the extreme, and the closing part of the suite has about one or two chords at max. I was completely shocked when I heard this. THIS is supposed to be Uriah Heep's 'masterpiece'? Give me 'Surfin' Safari' over this hogwash any time of day; the song was at least a wee bit more complex, not to mention catchier.

The problem is that the title track is usually included on all of Heep's compilations. So do me a favour and if you're actually going to burn money on these guys, find a compilation that doesn't include this misery.

Uriah Heep

:cheers:

View: https://youtu.be/apWKh3D9oVw

Last edited: