Short documentary on Matt Riddle's post-MMA pro-wrestling career

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MachidaKarate

Aug 4, 2018
I just watched this and it was pretty interesting. Glad to see that Riddle is doing well and having fun.

It's weird, the dude doesn't even really look or sound like the same guy I was watching on TUF and in the UFC back in the day.

Riddle was just signed to WWE's developmental org NXT so his career is legit going places.

View: https://youtu.be/o4zF3ct07MQ

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
When I first heard he was going into pro wrestling I just laughed because I couldn't imagine what he'd have to offer. But pro wrestling has obviously changed a lot since I was following it 10 years ago, and he's making a great run of it apparently, so good for him.

MachidaKarate

Aug 4, 2018
When I first heard he was going into pro wrestling I just laughed because I couldn't imagine what he'd have to offer. But pro wrestling has obviously changed a lot since I was following it 10 years ago, and he's making a great run of it apparently, so good for him.
Yeah, I'm surprised as well.

I assumed he'd play around with it for a little while before losing interest and moving onto something else, but he seems to really love it and feel at home in that world. And apparently he's picked up the necessary skills pretty quickly. I'm legit surprised that the WWE signed him, but like you say, good for him.

It seems like a happy ending for the Riddler.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
i watched the whole thing lol!

he's done well. seems to genuinely be a good wrestler. lots of fans. travels the world.

mentions at the end he's aware of his shelf life, things are tricky for his family, so he's earning as much as possible for them in his window of opportunity, fair play to him.

one wrestler subtly accused him of going hard, beating his chest up; he said that is what you expect of an mma guy. some subtext to that.

MachidaKarate

Aug 4, 2018
i watched the whole thing lol!

he's done well. seems to genuinely be a good wrestler. lots of fans. travels the world.

mentions at the end he's aware of his shelf life, things are tricky for his family, so he's earning as much as possible for them in his window of opportunity, fair play to him.

one wrestler subtly accused him of going hard, beating his chest up; he said that is what you expect of an mma guy. some subtext to that.
Cool, glad you found it interesting!

I wonder how much money he was making in Evolve. I can't think it was a ton, but now that he's with WWE/NXT I assume his paycheck will be improving. If he makes it to the real WWE then I'm guessing he'll be doing quite well financially.

It's extremely rare that I ever watch pro-wrestling but I might keep an eye on him just to see how his career develops.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
i heard he closed down his merchandise gig when he was signed. (the rest of the stock may/may not be sold outside his shows). he must have made a bob or two out of that, as a side line.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Cool, glad you found it interesting!

I wonder how much money he was making in Evolve. I can't think it was a ton, but now that he's with WWE/NXT I assume his paycheck will be improving. If he makes it to the real WWE then I'm guessing he'll be doing quite well financially.

It's extremely rare that I ever watch pro-wrestling but I might keep an eye on him just to see how his career develops.
He has a lot of awesome matches. You can probably find most on youtube.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
i heard he closed down his merchandise gig when he was signed. (the rest of the stock may/may not be sold outside his shows). he must have made a bob or two out of that, as a side line.
WWE likes to control the merch so it's doubtful his Bro merch will be around.