General Show Off Your Home Town

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Coast

Land of the Prince Bishops
Oct 18, 2017
So many people from so many different places.

I thought it would be nice to see where some members live.

So post a picture of the most famous landmark/event or whatever from your town/city.

I live in a town called Seaham (near Sunderland), in the UK. When its stormy our lighthouse often appears in the national press. Heres why.

No, thats not a trick of the camera, the waves can reach 100 feet tall and totally engulf the lighthouse.

Also recently the towns folk raised enough money to buy this (because the local authority were to tight).

The town also has ties to the famous poet Lord Byron, he used to live here and was married here - Although its said he couldn't stand the place. The place he used to live is now a 5* Hotel.

Last edited:

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Lee County, Iowa.

Oldest Fair west of the Mississippi River.

Also famous for killing Joseph Smith and chasing his followers out of town.

EDIT: this is my hometown. I live in Phoenix now.

Lukewarm Carl

TMMAC Addict
Aug 7, 2015

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...ville-opioid-prescriptions-highest-in-country

Also:
Martinsville, Virginia

> County median household income, 2009-2013: $28,116> State median household income, 2009-2013: $63,907> Poverty rate, 2009-2013: 27.2%> Unemployment, 2013: 12.1%

Residents in poor counties — even the poorest counties – in relatively wealthy states tend to have higher incomes compared to the poorest counties in less well-off states. Virginia, however, appears to be the exception to this pattern. In Martinsville, the poorest area in Virginia, a typical household earned $28,116 annually between 2009 and 2013, nearly $36,000 less than the statewide figure.

Last edited:

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Kelowna is a city in the south of Canada’s British Columbia province. It’s in the Okanagan Valley, on the eastern shore of Okanagan Lake, surrounded by provincial parks, pine forest, vineyards, orchards and mountains. Its downtown area incorporates waterfront City Park and a lakeside cultural district. More than 20 local vineyards offer wine tours and tastings.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
We have tacos, lots of homeless people and awesome craft beer.

Oh the art district's perking up a aplenty. 3rd most populated city in the country, so the diversity's pretty cool.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Eugene, Oregon

\

60 minutes from ocean
60 minutes from snow/mountains
10 minutes from forest
College town at heart but much more than that.

Amazing summers and mild yet wet winters...amazing fall and spring
Active and Open minded people for the most part...still a good dose of murica dipshits though

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Eugene, Oregon

\

60 minutes from ocean
10 minutes from forest

Active and Open minded people for the most part...still a good dose of murica dipshits though
Eugene was the first place I scored grass in Oregon. Farmer's Market, on a Saturday.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Eugene was the first place I scored grass in Oregon. Farmer's Market, on a Saturday.
LOL thats great

the courthouse has public ground that has been easy to score weed at since the 80s on saturday market days

I go to saturday market for pad thai or some mexican street food almost every saturday until it moves indoors...also for local veggies and meat/fish from the area

Chances high are that I was there that day.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
Eugene, Oregon

\

60 minutes from ocean
10 minutes from forest

I heard a lot from Eugene.
How? I lived in South Korea and Japan.
For some reasons there were a lot of Oregonians from Eugene (or surroundings) in my trade back then (English teaching).

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
Kelowna is a city in the south of Canada’s British Columbia province. It’s in the Okanagan Valley, on the eastern shore of Okanagan Lake, surrounded by provincial parks, pine forest, vineyards, orchards and mountains. Its downtown area incorporates waterfront City Park and a lakeside cultural district. More than 20 local vineyards offer wine tours and tastings.

Bro. I am not impress.
Ahem.
Where’s the weed?

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
the queen mary and our wave free and polluted beach due to a giant breakwater wall. the joke slogan is "Where the sewer meets the sea"