General Show us your......

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015

I’ve been inspired and broke out my Christmas decoration
Watch out Clark W Griswold

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I bought in 09’ when prices were rock bottom. $1000 mortgage. I’m definitely not complaining. Best decision I ever made. Value have almost tripled and it allows me to travel and do the fight thing on a mediocre salary.
Smart move Matt.

We bought in May, as real estate prices were high as hell & mortage rates were rising. But it was kind of a now or never thing, because the subdivision we were in was going downhill fast. If we didn’t get out when we did, the renters and owners that don’t give a shit were going to bring our home value down with them.

We got really lucky. Listed our old house By Owner, overpriced it by about 10k, and got a full price offer in 2 days by a couple that was in a house they weren’t in a huge hurry to sell which allowed us a few weeks to look for a new house. Found this one, in March it was listed $40k higher than what we bought it for in May. Lady had gone thru a divorce, lost her job, and then had a 32 yr old daughter pass away unexpectedly...so she was looking to sell. I still felt like we overpaid for it, because it needed so much updating (had to repaint the entire house, gutted the entire kitchen, replaced light fixtures, etc.). But we also got more for our house than we were expecting, so I guess it was a wash. At the end of the day it worked out for us, for the lady we bought from, and our buyers. And we’re in a much nicer area w/ a much better school system (reason we moved to begin with).

Our mortgage is more than I wanted, but it is what it is. If I’m going to be in debt, I’d prefer it be on a home that I know will increase in value. We’re making an extra payment and a half a year, to knock the principal down.

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
Ok I take that back...
I’m joking a bit too. Wouldn’t trade what I have for anything. It’s actually a pretty cool place and it’s perfect for me. I grew up with a family that went all out for Christmas. A big house with Millions of lights and decorations. What you do for your family and kids is awesome and you should be very proud of what you’ve accomplished. I’d do the same if I had a family. If it’s possible that’s how it’s supposed to be done.

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
Nice. You need to hit me up when you’re up this way & I’ll buy you a drink. Get you lathered up and try to get a reach around.
Now see I can’t offer a light show
But when I comes to a Christmas drink I can make that happen!

M

member 3289

Smart move Matt.

We bought in May, as real estate prices were high as hell & mortage rates were rising. But it was kind of a now or never thing, because the subdivision we were in was going downhill fast. If we didn’t get out when we did, the renters and owners that don’t give a shit were going to bring our home value down with them.

We got really lucky. Listed our old house By Owner, overpriced it by about 10k, and got a full price offer in 2 days by a couple that was in a house they weren’t in a huge hurry to sell which allowed us a few weeks to look for a new house. Found this one, in March it was listed $40k higher than what we bought it for in May. Lady had gone thru a divorce, lost her job, and then had a 32 yr old daughter pass away unexpectedly...so she was looking to sell. I still felt like we overpaid for it, because it needed so much updating (had to repaint the entire house, gutted the entire kitchen, replaced light fixtures, etc.). But we also got more for our house than we were expecting, so I guess it was a wash. At the end of the day it worked out for us, for the lady we bought from, and our buyers. And we’re in a much nicer area w/ a much better school system (reason we moved to begin with).

Our mortgage is more than I wanted, but it is what it is. If I’m going to be in debt, I’d prefer it be on a home that I know will increase in value. We’re making an extra payment and a half a year, to knock the principal down.
Did you sell before you could finalize your new purchase?

My brother had a similar situation to yours (except he put in a lot of work on his old house and nearly doubled its market value in 4-5 years). But like you he listed his house higher and got a full offer immediately.

Then his new house wasn't ready yet (an elderly couple had lived there so he had a lot of remodeling to do before he could move his wife and two kids in). So he ended up having to move in with his in-laws for 6 months.

Funniest part is he can't stand them lol

M

member 3289

I bought in 09’ when prices were rock bottom. $1000 mortgage. I’m definitely not complaining. Best decision I ever made. Value have almost tripled and it allows me to travel and do the fight thing on a mediocre salary.
Nice. My cousin goes to USC and rents a 2br house with his buddy in Newport Beach. It's like 800 sq ft and costs them $2400/month lol.

Plus no central AC unit. Is this common in SoCal bc of the dry climate?

He says 360 days out of the year he doesn't need AC. Those 5 days he does are a bitch but doable because they're so few in number.

No AC in Florida with the humidity levels we have would be akin to living in a jungle. Not exaggerating one bit.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Did you sell before you could finalize your new purchase?

My brother had a similar situation to yours (except he put in a lot of work on his old house and nearly doubled its market value in 4-5 years). But like you he listed his house higher and got a full offer immediately.

Then his new house wasn't ready yet (an elderly couple had lived there so he had a lot of remodeling to do before he could move his wife and two kids in). So he ended up having to move in with his in-laws for 6 months.

Funniest part is he can't stand them lol
Closed on both the same day. It was nuts. Closed on the sale of our house in the morning, and the purchase of the new house in the afternoon. Same title company. Like I said, we just completely lucked out. Took immediate possession of the new house because the lady had already moved to be closer to her other daughter, and had 5 days to get out of the old house. Closed on a Friday, and moved the next day. I spent Sunday cleaning the old house for the new owners, while my wife unpacked at the new place.

Now don’t get me wrong...it was hell. It took us three months to do everything to the new house while we were trying to live in it. It was brutal. Luckily it was summer vacation for the kids, so their routine wasn’t messed with too much.

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
Nice. My cousin goes to USC and rents a 2br house with his buddy in Newport Beach. It's like 800 sq ft and costs them $2400/month lol.

Plus no central AC unit. Is this common in SoCal bc of the dry climate?

He says 360 days out of the year he doesn't need AC. Those 5 days he does are a bitch but doable because they're so few in number.

No AC in Florida with the humidity levels we have would be akin to living in a jungle. Not exaggerating one bit.
Can be common in older houses or in areas fairly close to the ocean. All the new houses I worked on for the past 20 years have AC. I live a bit inland so it’s necessary for 3 months out of the year.
I’ve been to Florida in June
Fuck that shit

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
You moved to Indiana?
Always been in Southern Indiana...about 7 minutes from Louisville. Just easy to tell people Louisville than some little shit town in Indiana that they won’t have any idea where it’s at.

M

member 1013

Always been in Southern Indiana...about 7 minutes from Louisville. Just easy to tell people Louisville than some little shit town in Indiana that they won’t have any idea where it’s at.
*updates spreadsheet *

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

I put some big ornaments on our tree today. Cold as hell, about 23 degrees. That ladder was cold.