Showtime announces broadcast team for Mayweather vs. McGregor

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

The pay-per-view broadcast will feature host Brian Custer, color analysts Al Bernstein and Paul Maglianaggi, ringside reporter Jim Gray and unofficial scorer Steve Farhood. There will also be some “guest commentators” during the broadcast as well which could mean some appearances by UFC analysts.

The team will also include Mauro Ranallo, a familiar voice from both boxing and MMA fights, who signed with Bellator MMA earlier this week.

Showtime announces broadcast team for Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Unofficial fight scorer, eh? That seems like a big job for this one. I wonder who they've got lined up for unofficial trunk color identifier?

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Al Bernstein? Okay now I offically want Conor to smoke Floyd. Don't think it will happen though.

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Al Bernstein? Okay now I offically want Conor to smoke Floyd. Don't think it will happen though.
Al Bernstein is fantastic! He's been one of my favorite boxing analysts since the Saturday afternoon fights of the 80's on Wide World of Sports. He's been at it longer than most in this business and he does it well. However, I also want Conor to smoke Floyd, and I also know it's not going to happen........never in a millions and a half years.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
He's been pretty adamant that he wouldn't do it. Wanted to do a fight companion with friends.
He does that, though. Did it with his last UFC contract. He also was a bit more receptive the last time I heard him talk about it, albeit he was still alluding to a fight companion. I kinda want there to be a companion so I don't care either way, but if Joe's on the broadcast he's likely getting paid well so I'll be happy for him.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Seems like a knowledgeable boxing crew and adding Mauro can only help. I'm surprised they didn't grab Goldie since he has announced most of Conor's recent fights.