Sipping wine....I'm old.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I find it hard to drink beer or scotch these days. Anytime I do, I feel like complete shit the next day. I've found that sipping on a few glasses of wine gets me where I want to be on my day off. I'm only 30... my wild nights in Germany did a number on me :(

BJTT_Pella

I want to go fishing.
Jun 25, 2015
I find it hard to drink beer or scotch these days. Anytime I do, I feel like complete shit the next day. I've found that sipping on a few glasses of wine gets me where I want to be on my day off. I'm only 30... my wild nights in Germany did a number on me :(

Drink lots of water through out the day. Drink Vodka at night straight, or with what ever mixer you like. Boom you needn't drink that shit anymore.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Been drinking a couple glasses of red wine every so often myself. Usually one night a week. Welcome to being an old fuck.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Drink lots of water through out the day. Drink Vodka at night straight, or with what ever mixer you like. Boom you needn't drink that shit anymore.
Lol I drink a gallon or more of water a day. It's just that beer kills me for some reason. I do like some chilled vodka though. No one understands how i can just drink it straight lol

Anastasios

Feb 22, 2016
I discussed this recently with a friend. It is much better to drink good wine. The fermentation process of cheaper alcoholic beverages makes them so much unhealthier. E.g. when you get drunk off of thai moonshine whiskey, it feels like you get high, the hangover is horrible, and when you sweat it smells like puke. Cheap beers do this to some extent too. You are what you eat, as they say, and alcoholic beverages are also part of our consumption. You are doing yourself a favor by drinking wine.

LurkenLikaGherkin

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Additional post 45 yrs old wino. Can't drink beer any more. Wish I could. Beer is delicious after training, or any kind of good exercise.

LurkenLikaGherkin

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Agree with the stay-away-from-cheap-wines advisements. Exception: that one brand with the Rooster on the label and "50 Gajillion medals!" treats me pretty well if Merlot or Cab. The Zin is better quality flavorwise, but more acidic or something, disagreeable to the GI tract. Merlots & Cabs seem to be the mildest on the body, to me, but am in CA and this may vary according to region.

Man, a $40 bottle, priced correctly, can be the cat's fuckin meow, though.

BJTT_Pella

I want to go fishing.
Jun 25, 2015
Lol I drink a gallon or more of water a day. It's just that beer kills me for some reason. I do like some chilled vodka though. No one understands how i can just drink it straight lol
I do. I get it. I dont drink beer, just the clear. That goes for tequila as well.

BJTT_Pella

I want to go fishing.
Jun 25, 2015
Most of you dont even realize the cheap wine your drinking. The whole industry is a fraud. Im ashamed to have worked in it for ten years, wait, no I'm not.

I really do feel sorry for the end consumer. It really is an ugly business.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
What would be considered "cheap"? I think i paid about $30 bucks for this bottle.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Most of you dont even realize the cheap wine your drinking. The whole industry is a fraud. Im ashamed to have worked in it for ten years, wait, no I'm not.

I really do feel sorry for the end consumer. It really is an ugly business.
I drink what tastes good. Dont care about the price, the year, the label on the bottle lol. Redneck logic :)

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Family gets me wine for birthday, Christmases, etc. I've got a wine rack with things I've never heard of, but find myself drinking them more now that I'm getting older

madmav

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2016
wat.. only 30? good night sweet prince

on a serious note.. being from sonoma county.. my best friend from middle and high school his family owned a winery for decades.. they eventually sold it in the early 70's or 80's.. fast forward to the late 90's while on a honeymoon with the first wife in costa rica visiting her mother and rich retired doctor step-father.. he showed us his collection of wines from all over the world but stated his favorite was from a small winery in geyeserville, sonoma county.. turns out the wine he claimed was the best was the same wine from my mates family winery.. nervo winery. they are long gone nowdays.. but still it was amazing to see half way across the world at the time.

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
I like the occasional wine, prefer reds.
Try drinking with food, I think it'll be easier on you.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I like reds, and my favorite is one from a (sort of) local winery about 20 minutes north of Louisville in Indiana. Good stuff, but I'm not that particular. It's a $10 bottle. Haha.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Wine: kill the liver, save the heart.

Maybe? Don't over do it!
But there's probbaly some small benefit.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I like reds, and my favorite is one from a (sort of) local winery about 20 minutes north of Louisville in Indiana. Good stuff, but I'm not that particular. It's a $10 bottle. Haha.

What's the name?

I don't know shit about wine but I like the taste.

For Texas...
Becker Vineyards iconoclast cabarnet is a quality 9 dollar bottle that taste twice as expensive.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
If beer gives anyone acid stomach you need to be eating Sauerkraut/kimchi anything that promotes oxygen producing bacteria, I used to get it then started throwing big fork fulls of the stuff down my gob at random intervals during the day and it stopped, I dunno why. I started the kraut for gut health the acid fix was a happy accident.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
If beer gives anyone acid stomach you need to be eating Sauerkraut/kimchi anything that promotes oxygen producing bacteria, I used to get it then started throwing big fork fulls of the stuff down my gob at random intervals during the day and it stopped, I dunno why. I started the kraut for gut health the acid fix was a happy accident.

kimchee is one of the only verified superfoods if I read right, I guess sauerkraut would be similar if not the same.

Besides small goods im not into preserved stuff myself.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
kimchee is one of the only verified superfoods if I read right, I guess sauerkraut would be similar if not the same.

Besides small goods im not into preserved stuff myself.

I wasn't either but I persevered and now I really like it. I'm only really in it for the lacto bacillus anyway.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
What's the name?

I don't know shit about wine but I like the taste.

For Texas...
Becker Vineyards iconoclast cabarnet is a quality 9 dollar bottle that taste twice as expensive.
Huber Winery. Family owned vinyard in Borden, IN. It's just north of Louisville. They have a nice outdoor patio with a large lawn. Grab a bottle or two, sit in the sun or the shade under one of the oak trees and listen to the live music they usually have playing there. It makes for a relaxing day. They have great food too.

My cheapo red that I like there is the Starlight Red.

Sometimes we'll grab a case of wine with some friends and head to nearby Deam Lake and camp for the night.