Smesh Express: White planning another fast turnaround for ‘special’ Chimaev

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

Did you enjoy that brief but violent fight with Khamzat Chimaev on Saturday night’s UFC Fight Island 3 card? Then we have good news for you. The Chechyen fighter just scored a record for fastest turnaround in UFC history, competing twice in the span of 10 days. And it sounds like the UFC will keep lining up fights for him so long as he wants to keep his foot on the gas pedal.

According to Yahoo Sports, UFC president Dana White is already working to get Chimaev onto the next UFC pay-per-view on August 15 headlined by Stipe Miocic and Daniel Cormier....

Continue reading:

T

The Big Guy

They are gonna fuck up with this great prospect. Hopefully he wont be pushed too far too fast. He does look ready though

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
why would the pricks put him up against John Phillips. complete waste of a fun fight.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
They are gonna fuck up with this great prospect. Hopefully he wont be pushed too far too fast. He does look ready though
He's only got I've ever seen have back to back fights without absorbing a single blow.. Have him fight Neil magny and if he beats him then he needs a a big big dog.

T

The Big Guy

He's only got I've ever seen have back to back fights without absorbing a single blow.. Have him fight Neil magny and if he beats him then he needs a a big big dog.
I just worry about him being thrown to a geoff Neil or zaleski level fighter right away. He may beat both of them eventually

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I just worry about him being thrown to a geoff Neil or zaleski level fighter right away. He may beat both of them eventually
His grappling phenom and they wouldn't like his pressure.. Neal is a monster but he's very beatable on the ground.. This guy is a 70 Khabib with better shots in space.. once we see him vs top 15 guy we'll really know.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
why not let him roll, active dominant fighters are the peak of combat sports
A fighters prime can go away anytime

Maybe this guy, can rip off like 8+ wins in a year and be a legend

T

The Big Guy

why not let him roll, active dominant fighters are the peak of combat sports
A fighters prime can go away anytime

Maybe this guy, can rip off like 8+ wins in a year and be a legend
He definitely has the young Jon jones aggression and activity

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He definitely has the young Jon jones aggression and activity
has extreme confidence and that is a jones trait for sure
he may be more aggressive and more of a finisher at this stage of his career
we will see how it goes when he hits another equal 205

hope the new scheduling era of MMA and UFC allows guys to fight a lot more often
the 1 fight every 4-6 month thing is an easy way to miss your prime IMO

T

The Big Guy

has extreme confidence and that is a jones trait for sure
he may be more aggressive and more of a finisher at this stage of his career
we will see how it goes when he hits another equal 205

hope the new scheduling era of MMA and UFC allows guys to fight a lot more often
the 1 fight every 4-6 month thing is an easy way to miss your prime IMO
I thought he was a 205er myself until my friends made fun of me. Hes at 170. I got john phillip's and ion cutalaba confused

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
i'd like to see him against a durable, well-rounded guy like Luque...maybe Pettis? but that feels like too big of a gap in experience, even if skill is there.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Is this guy good? Haven't seen him.
Could be very good. He just beat a 185er and a 170lber in Abu Dhabi. Ragdolled the shit out of both of them. They may not have been great fighters but either way he made it look way too easy.

From those two fights his style would be something comparable to a more relentless Khabib who gives no fucks and just comes at you and throws you on the ground and tries to murder you.

But looking at some earlier fights he actually has decent striking and heavy hands. So who knows when he'll have to show that but I'm very curious.