Smith almost cut off his finger to continue career

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

UFC light heavyweight contender Anthony Smith has been fighting professionally for nearly 12 years now. Bearing the nickname “Lionheart,” he is also as tough as they come.

On Monday’s episode of the Ariel Helwani MMA Show on ESPN, the 31-year-old fighter detailed how a broken hand became problematic to a point where he considered severing one of his fingers.

“I had two [surgeries]. The first one failed,” Smith explained. “I went into my six-week checkup after my first surgery and the plate was broken and the bone had shifted back again... So they went back in, they took the plate off, they drilled one hole in my femur, one…

Anthony Smith almost cut off his finger to continue UFC career

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
The Ronnie Lott of MMA. Crazy mofo.
yep

I actually have a non functional frozen in two joints left pinky...it got caught in a football helmet when I was 20 and the dude was tumbling and it got wrecked

If I was a top fighter, I would probably have had the end two bones amputated or else it is a hinderance and would just get broken often.

Seems a finger can reach a point beyond repair

Smith is a tough tough dude, super durable.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
yep

I actually have a non functional frozen in two joints left pinky...it got caught in a football helmet when I was 20 and the dude was tumbling and it got wrecked

If I was a top fighter, I would probably have had the end two bones amputated or else it is a hinderance and would just get broken often.

Seems a finger can reach a point beyond repair

Smith is a tough tough dude, super durable.
Fuck a finger!

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Fuck a finger!
I actually played like a slow ronnie lott leading with head and super reckless...I wanted to be Ronnie Lott and Steve Atwater

I just taped it up for over half the season, then the swelling never went down for months and months and we took an Xray and it was a mess...8,000 dollars later it was still worthless

Nick Newell says you guys are pussies

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
broke and dislocated the middle finger on my right hand, never had it set, now it's got a permanent bend.

I wonder what JBJ's record would be if he'd amputated a finger or two...

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
the pinky and ring finger on my right hand look like a lightning bolt from my years as a catcher(baseball not homosex) but some how they still work. first time I injured that hand I had paralysis in those fingers for about two days.