So I got choked out last night....

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Darqnezz

Merkin' fools since pre-school
Apr 25, 2015
I was the Uki while one of my instructors was demonstrating the suicide choke. He had it on pretty loose so he could demonstrate the position. I didn't feel any pressure or pain, so I didn't tap. Next thing I'm waking up feeling pretty refreshed, like I took a power nap. I wish someone had video taped the whole thing.

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
Getting choked out as an Uke is an interesting experience. It happened to me while my instructor was demonstrating a bow and arrow choke on me. Collar grip was deep, he moved to the side and grabbed my pant leg and was talking about how important it is to get your leg over their far shoulder when I thought "this is really tight already, I better tap" and then next thing I heard was "see- I told you he was out!"

Carbazel

Freelance MMA Analyst
Aug 8, 2015
I was the Uki while one of my instructors was demonstrating the suicide choke. He had it on pretty loose so he could demonstrate the position. I didn't feel any pressure or pain, so I didn't tap. Next thing I'm waking up feeling pretty refreshed, like I took a power nap. I wish someone had video taped the whole thing.
I wish all of mine were recorded. I always say the same thing when they wake me up. "I thought I was getting out!" LOL

Darqnezz

Merkin' fools since pre-school
Apr 25, 2015
That wasn't me in the video. I just posted that so people could see what the choke looks like. My instructor is Leo Dalla.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
That wasn't me in the video. I just posted that so people could see what the choke looks like. My instructor is Leo Dalla.
Cool. Out of curiosity, did Dalla break with Lloyd when others did? Far as I recall, he gave him his BB.

M

member 603

I remember years and years back, when I was a 2nd degree blue belt (must've been like 10+ years back), my instructor was demoing the rear naked choke for a class of about 20-25 people. He used me as the demo partner, and was explaining the details of the choke. For some dumbass reason, I got caught up listening to his details and forgot to tap when the choke was being applied...... However at the time I didn't quite realize it.

I still heard his voice as he was demoing it, and when he was talking all I remember is that I bit my own tongue. At that point I started hearing him say my name repeatedly and ask if I was OK. I told him "of course I'm fine, I just accidentally bit my tongue"... He tells me " bro you went out", I was shocked and was like "nooo,are you sure?".... Sure as hell, I look up and see 20-25 guys with that shocked look on their face watching what happened..... To this day, my coach and I still laugh about it LOL