So i have a question about weight loss

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
I understand it is not good to workout everyday, specifically if you are looking for gains.

That being said, I have been out of the gym for the past 3 years and just got back into it.... I am looking to do more reps at much lower weights

Would it be detrimental to my goal of losing fat if i worked out (full body) every day (maybe take one day off a week) to burn calories, without lifting hard and becoming sore?

From my understanding, a calorie deficit would be more easily achieved every day by working out each day and burning those calories. I have already put myself on a strict diet, and am simply looking for the quickest route possible to getting lean.

Once I've achieved leanness, I can always gain any muscle I want by eating and lifting heavier with less reps.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I've found that running is the fastest way to burn calories and is therefore a fast track towards being lean. I've started out with running in combination with (Max) 2 or 3 full-body workouts much as you described. Then later I became more specific with heavier weight as my goals changed. In becoming lean, diet has played the biggest role though. Good luck.

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
I work out 7 days a week but I am looking to gain weight, not lose it. 2 days of weight lifting, one day of cardio, then repeat.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
No, working out everyday will not hinder your goal of losing fat.

M

member 1013

i don't believe in weight loss, i think its a myth like the female orgasm

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
Thank you guys, and my cardio is Mma!! I just got back into the Mma gym too as well as my home gym for my lifting. My conditioning is improving as I've quit being a moron a couple weeks ago and stopped smoking a pack of newports a day (quit completely), and stopped smoking 3+ blunts everyday. I let myself go the past 3 fucking years because I was a stoner with a stoner girlfriend lmaoooo but I finally decided it's time to get healthy and get back into it and improve my life in every aspect! Haven't smoked anything, completely cold turkey like a boss.

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
I just never lifted weights without looking for gains my whole life. So I wasn't sure if lifting every day lightly would've been bad or not for my goals. But from what you guys said I'm going to assume you're knowledgable enough on the topic and that it won't hurt my progress, thank you

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
My 2 cents.

Grab some anatomy books from your local library, they are normally unbiased and based on proven facts on how the body works, I just did the same and learning/unlearning lots.

Also everything you read on the net should include citations which eventually (Sometimes after leading you from one publication to another) lead you to a peer reviewed medical/scientific journal that substantiates the original claim/s.

Any research funded by industry groups are bullshit. The American banana growers association funding some bush league research paper on the nutritional properties of bananas is gonna result in predictable findings.

Try not to think in "off days" but rather "am I adequately recovered? " .

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
My 2 cents.

Grab some anatomy books from your local library, they are normally unbiased and based on proven facts on how the body works, I just did the same and learning/unlearning lots.

Also everything you read on the net should include citations which eventually (Sometimes after leading you from one publication to another) lead you to a peer reviewed medical/scientific journal that substantiates the original claim/s.

Any research funded by industry groups are bullshit. The American banana growers association funding some bush league research paper on the nutritional properties of bananas is gonna result in predictable findings.

Try not to think in "off days" but rather "am I adequately recovered? " .

Good luck.
Yes the "am I adequately recovered" question is good.. I was just thinking that like before, do what I do and if my body tells me I need a day off, take a day off

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Yes the "am I adequately recovered" question is good.. I was just thinking that like before, do what I do and if my body tells me I need a day off, take a day off
Yep. Your body will tell you much more about where its at than any book. Its an expert on the that.

tomwalker

Sep 14, 2015
Loosing fat with taking high quality proteins will never harm you with everyday workout dude.