General So, I just went to MMA.com for first time in ages.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Congratulations, you guys won.

Must feel good.

What a fucking shit hole and ghost town that place is now.

kvr28

Ghost of KVR
Nov 22, 2015
It was a shit show, everyone got doxxed and members were getting suspended in droves, started with the mods and then started trickling through the users. It was like an 80's horror movie, you never knew who was gonna get whacked next.

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
It was a shit show, everyone got doxxed and members were getting suspended in droves, started with the mods and then started trickling through the users. It was like an 80's horror movie, you never knew who was gonna get whacked next.

I had no idea. I went there a few months ago, after the takeover, and it seemed much the same. But I went there about an hour ago and it's like the apocalypse.

kvr28

Ghost of KVR
Nov 22, 2015
I had no idea. I went there a few months ago, after the takeover, and it seemed much the same. But I went there about an hour ago and it's like the apocalypse.
If you are still able to log in I would recommend removing any personal data that you may still have on there

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
If you are still able to log in I would recommend removing any personal data that you may still have on there
Really? Why did they buy the website if they just wanted to destroy it?

kvr28

Ghost of KVR
Nov 22, 2015
Really? Why did they buy the website if they just wanted to destroy it?
They just wanted the name, userbase and our data to show investors. You should go to their corporate office in Oz and punch them in the dick for us.

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Fuck, I didn't know they were in Oz. Damn, that's a lot to pay for a domain name and some user data, makes me wonder what that type of data is worth. I had the domain name mixedmartialart.com for about 10 years, registered it and made a parody site of mixedmartialarts.com forgot to renew it, wonder what it might have been worth now.

1725363907613.png

kvr28

Ghost of KVR
Nov 22, 2015
Fuck, I didn't know they were in Oz. Damn, that's a lot to pay for a domain name and some user data, makes me wonder what that type of data is worth. I had the domain name mixedmartialart.com for about 10 years, registered it and made a parody site of mixedmartialarts.com forgot to renew it, wonder what it might have been worth now.

View attachment 117215
Based off what kirik got about tree fifty

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Based off what kirik got about tree fifty

I kind of figured about that much, but he was selling the number one MMA forum, the fighter database, the OG community, the daily news, etc. The domain alone was maybe worth high 5 figures, maybe low 6. Mine would have been worth less without an s on the end, but it still pisses me off that I let the name go 🤣

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
My friend Tape Lord registered MMMA.tv, and both URL's were linked to the parody forum.

kvr28

Ghost of KVR
Nov 22, 2015
I kind of figured about that much, but he was selling the number one MMA forum, the fighter database, the OG community, the daily news, etc. The domain alone was maybe worth high 5 figures, maybe low 6. Mine would have been worth less without an s on the end, but it still pisses me off that I let the name go 🤣
My understanding was he got 25,000 cash and 250,000 in stock. He should have taken the offer he was made years ago by a group of ogers, he would have been better off but he didn't want to give up the fighter database.

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
🤣 That was a dumb decision, the fighter database was worth jack shit. I can google any fighter I want and get their full record, without using the fighter database. 25k cash for the result of 30 years work, and some worthless stocks, is a fitting end to the website that considered itself a god at one time. I actually feel much better now about letting the domain name go 🤣🤣

I also owned theultimatefightingchampionship.com about 20 years ago, and I let that one expire as well. Mainly because ZUFFA was suing the fuck out of everyone that tried to use their name.

Koma

Aug 13, 2024
🤣 That was a dumb decision, the fighter database was worth jack shit. I can google any fighter I want and get their full record, without using the fighter database. 25k cash for the result of 30 years work, and some worthless stocks, is a fitting end to the website that considered itself a god at one time. I actually feel much better now about letting the domain name go 🤣🤣

I also owned theultimatefightingchampionship.com about 20 years ago, and I let that one expire as well. Mainly because ZUFFA was suing the fuck out of everyone that tried to use their name.
Good to see you here.

NiteProwleR

Free Hole Lay Row
Nov 17, 2023

View attachment 117215
That would be a great domain for RobertBenson to post his mma art in lol.

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
That would be a great domain for RobertBenson to post his mma art in lol.
Yeah, I really wish I'd held onto it. Had a heap of good domain names once, let them all go through apathy and not checking renewal dates because they were all linked to different anonymous email accounts that I didn't keep track off. Ahh, the good old days of the internet when you could still register stellar .com domain names.

NiteProwleR

Free Hole Lay Row
Nov 17, 2023
So basically the forum all came back here then a new OG was made and it split again. Regardless, we lost quite a few former lurkers and members that basically used the excuse of the site going down to call it quits.

Make no mistake, Alta fucked us good. They are leading the scoreboard big. All we can hope for is the lawsuit someone is starting scares off their investors. They are selling snake oil and will make profit whether it tanks or not(which they could give a fuck). I'm hoping for a hail mary and they come out in the red, though.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Yeah, I really wish I'd held onto it. Had a heap of good domain names once, let them all go through apathy and not checking renewal dates because they were all linked to different anonymous email accounts that I didn't keep track off. Ahh, the good old days of the internet when you could still register stellar .com domain names.
I remember telling my buddy we should register a players name when he broke thru at 16. We didn't and he was good for a bit and then injuries fucked him. For a period tho I thought I missed the boat