General so much for not drawing any red lines...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

drjones

Banned
Apr 25, 2016
"North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States. They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen... they will be met with fire, fury and frankly power the likes of which the world has never seen."

dont worry tho, i wont be criticizing him if he backs down and doesnt follow through on this one...

its just amazing that this is where we are in 6 months, the president is threatening nuclear devastation on north korea, which will certainly cause hundreds of thousands of deaths if not millions. thankfully tillerson is still making overtures like it can be avoided and the generals dont seem to have any appetite for it just yet.

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Only the already oppressed populace of north korea will feel the "fire and the fury". Tragedy waiting to happen.

drjones

Banned
Apr 25, 2016
Only the already oppressed populace of north korea will feel the "fire and the fury". Tragedy waiting to happen.
yep, and i havent heard anyone give a scenario where we can stop NK from unleashing holy hell on SK so possibly ridiculous amounts of death and destruction there too.

its a shit situation all around with no easy answer, i already regret the thread title and hopefully it doesnt poison the discussion, i just couldnt help but think of that when i read it. if a mod sees this and wants to change the thread title to something generic please do so.

IschKabibble

zero
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I don't see an issue with drawing a red line as long as it's kept. We've been posturing back and forth with North Korea for over 15 years since Bush added them to the list. Now they have the capacity to deliver a nuclear warhead to us. It's obvious they don't want peace, so it's time to end the madness.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
humans are complicated. of course, i dont feel comfortable with north korea having a nuclear warhead. but if I was a north korean, i'd think "how many do you have, hypocrite"

IschKabibble

zero
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Question was in regards to this article:

North Korea now making missile-ready nuclear weapons, U.S. analysts say

North Korea has successfully produced a miniaturized nuclear warhead that can fit inside its missiles, crossing a key threshold on the path to becoming a full-fledged nuclear power, U.S. intelligence officials have concluded in a confidential assessment.

The new analysis completed last month by the Defense Intelligence Agency comes on the heels of another intelligence assessment that sharply raises the official estimate for the total number of bombs in the communist country’s atomic arsenal. The U.S. calculated last month that up to 60 nuclear weapons are now controlled by North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. Some independent experts believe the number of bombs is much smaller.

The findings are likely to deepen concerns about an evolving North Korean military threat that appears to be advancing far more rapidly than many experts had predicted. U.S. officials last month concluded that Pyongyang is also outpacing expectations in its effort to build an intercontinental ballistic missile capable of striking cities on the American mainland.

North Korea now making missile-ready nuclear weapons, U.S. analysts say

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015

sparkuri

Pulse on the finger of The Cimmunity
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
"North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States. They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen... they will be met with fire, fury and frankly power the likes of which the world has never seen."

dont worry tho, i wont be criticizing him if he backs down and doesnt follow through on this one...

its just amazing that this is where we are in 6 months, the president is threatening nuclear devastation on north korea, which will certainly cause hundreds of thousands of deaths if not millions. thankfully tillerson is still making overtures like it can be avoided and the generals dont seem to have any appetite for it just yet.

The military industrial complex is initiating this, not "Trump".
This has been in the works for years, you know, back when Obama was president.
Ask anyone in the service, or look at a map of our carrier group positions 1 year ago.
This is geopolitical powershifting, and has far more to do with China's emergence as a superpower than "rogue state" Korea, who aren't occupying anything.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Video of question/response:

That was a very prepared statement, waiting for the time to drop it in the news.
Wonder what is already planned behind the scenes.

I'm weary of commitment traps in negotiating.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I would not like to be a South Korean right now. Extremely reckless with their lives.

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
I like Trump's rhetoric on this. If you step in that cage, you're getting knocked the fuck out the likes we've never seen. Really, there's no other approach. This fat, saber-rattling buttface will not personally survive a conflict with us, which is why I think calling his bluff makes sense. He won't go there because, while he may be a sociopath, he knows living is better than death and power is better than being powerless.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen... they will be met with fire, fury and frankly power the likes of which the world has never seen
Why did he feel the need to say this twice?

Never mind - Just watched the video. He had a few words between the sentences.

Interesting posture from Trump there. Arms folded while seated at a table.

drjones

Banned
Apr 25, 2016
The military industrial complex is initiating this, not "Trump".
This has been in the works for years, you know, back when Obama was president.
Ask anyone in the service, or look at a map of our carrier group positions 1 year ago.
This is geopolitical powershifting, and has far more to do with China's emergence as a superpower than "rogue state" Korea, who aren't occupying anything.
yes im aware that working on a plan regarding this course of action has been underway for a long time, did president obama ever use rhetoric like this tho? thats what im talking about.

north korean leaders have been making threats like this for years, do you think trump's statement is going to stop that? dont you think that by him saying this it has committed us to a course of action if they do in fact make more threats? (which if course they will)

so thats it - nuclear war is now inevitable if north korea makes another threat? or does trump not mean what he says?

drjones

Banned
Apr 25, 2016
I like Trump's rhetoric on this. If you step in that cage, you're getting knocked the fuck out the likes we've never seen. Really, there's no other approach. This fat, saber-rattling buttface will not personally survive a conflict with us, which is why I think calling his bluff makes sense. He won't go there because, while he may be a sociopath, he knows living is better than death and power is better than being powerless.
he is absolutely going to go there, probably within 48 hours. because he is a fucking madman dictator. do you really think this statement by trump just put an end to north korea making threatening statements and conducting provocative missile tests?

drjones

Banned
Apr 25, 2016
well there you go, didnt even take 12 hours nevermind 48;

North Korea says seriously considering plan to strike Guam: KCNA

""The KPA Strategic Force is now carefully examining the operational plan for making an enveloping fire at the areas around Guam with medium-to-long-range strategic ballistic rocket Hwasong-12 in order to contain the U.S. major military bases on Guam including the Anderson Air Force Base," the spokesman said."

so if this is true how does trump respond? that is a direct threat to american armed forces.

"would you like to play a game?"

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
he is absolutely going to go there, probably within 48 hours. because he is a fucking madman dictator. do you really think this statement by trump just put an end to north korea making threatening statements and conducting provocative missile tests?
Who knows, we're the superpower. We should proceed strategically but not sheepishly. I like that we exhibit a serious attitude, as we should being the parents of the world.

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
Kind of like Operation Shock and Awe?
That was a military strike. Trump's rhetoric isn't a military strike. Also, Shock & Awe was pre-emptive. Trump is saying "do it", and then we're coming. Calling his bluff.