So my worker didn't show up to work

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Wife got me a gopro for xmas. This was my first vid.
Hooked it up to the deadweight ball of the crane while i hoisted my roof.

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It would be a lot shorter vid and a lot less work if my employee's would be there to give signals to the crane operator.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
A) cool vid
B) fuck the snow
C) we have Mexicans that do that down here

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Whoa wait...that's YOUR roof? :)
Not my roof. I run a construction outfit and my new worker decided to take the day off on crane day.

Builders in this side of the country don't pay enough to build your own house. And you really have no choice but to go through a builder because they have all the property. Unless you want to build in the country you go through a builder.

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
A) cool vid
B) fuck the snow
C) we have Mexicans that do that down here
I agree. Fuck tha snow.
I always get asked why I don't ski/snowboard. Finally took up skiing this year. Got lessons and shit but still haven't used the new gear I bought.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Not my roof. I run a construction outfit and my new worker decided to take the day off on crane day.

Builders in this side of the country don't pay enough to build your own house. And you really have no choice but to go through a builder because they have all the property. Unless you want to build in the country you go through a builder.
Where you located?

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Sounds like the DFW area

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Ah gotcha. The problem we face here is the builders going out of business because people don't want to pay for custom builds anymore. They are buying foreclosures and pre-owned homes, and renovating them.
i was cruising zillow last night looking for that very thing.

going forward, I may be able to move some of my lab equipment to my house.
since I work in pathfinding, most of my tools are pre-production/custom applications.