So That Ends the Fedor = GOAT Talk, Right?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

• 7-5 in his last 12 fights. That won't even get you into the playoffs in the NFL.
  • Lost 3 straight starting at the age of 33 (when most fighters are peaking).
  • Was legit Pride champion but fought a lot of circus acts.
  • When he came to the U.S. he got humbled big time.

I'm not saying Fedor wasn't the best heavyweight fighter at one point because he definitely was when the sport was in its infancy.

But as we saw tonight, he's not the GOAT. Not even close.

Please stop.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Striking game built on fast twitch muscle fibers. He's got a complete package but that baseball overhand right was always able to find its Target because he was so quick at bringing it around.

That's the exact style that goes first when we age.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
He's a 5'11" who beat the best HW's.
He's the greatest FIGHTER of all time.
Everything afterward was a bonus to unified mma and the world.

Stupid ass troll post.

M

member 3289

Striking game built on fast twitch muscle fibers. He's got a complete package but that baseball overhand right was always able to find its Target because he was so quick at bringing it around.

That's the exact style that goes first when we age.
It goes at 33?

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I never understood the hype surrounding the guy. He was only like 33-1 with no names on his record, yet people built him up like a god. I mean, who the fuck are arona, arlovski, sobral, schilt, nogueira, filipovic, mir, hunt, sylvia, coleman...you get the point! The guy beat a bunch of nobodies!

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
I never understood the hype surrounding the guy. He was only like 33-1 with no names on his record, yet people built him up like a god. I mean, who the fuck are arona, arlovski, sobral, schilt, nogueira, filipovic, mir, hunt, sylvia, coleman...you get the point! The guy beat a bunch of nobodies!
Exactly.

:oops:

M

member 3289

He lost that Arona fight

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
It goes at 33?

I dunno. Ask Roy Jones Jr.
He was about 35 when he fell on his first hard run.

I could be having some selective memory but it seemed like he aged overnight and had a style fully built on speed and athleticism.

peaking at an arbitrary age doesn't really matter anyways if the body of work before hand is impressive

M

member 3289

if the body of work before hand is impressive
Kazuyuki Fujita
Yuji Nagata
Zuluzinho
Choi Hong Man
Brett Rogers
Singh Jaideep

Yeah you're right I'm blown away

Last edited by a moderator:
M

member 3289

Don't joke about brett rodgers. Word on the street is he's raping even the hardest mofos in prison.
Before his career really went to shit he was training at ATT, which is really close to where I live.

So one day I go and get takeout from this rotisserie place and see Brett Rogers there. I said hello, asked him who he was fighting next, told him how awesome it was when he knocked out Arlovski blah blah blah.

Then I go to leave and I see him unlocking a bicycle in front of the restaurant. It made me really sad.

I would've taken a picture but I was absolutely terrified that he might see me.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Before his career really went to shit he was training at ATT, which is really close to where I live.

So one day I go and get takeout from this rotisserie place and see Brett Rogers there. I said hello, asked him who he was fighting next, told him how awesome it was when he knocked out Arlovski blah blah blah.

Then I go to leave and I see him unlocking a bicycle in front of the restaurant. It made me really sad.

I would've taken a picture but I was absolutely terrified that he might see me.
Ever think he might be riding a bike for cardio? Btw, who the fuck is alrovski?