So That Ends the Fedor = GOAT Talk, Right?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

JerryCranberry

Jan 22, 2019
I wish GOAT talk would end for everybody. It’s such an irrelevant title to hand out. I don’t think it’s even a fun thing to talk about because the conversation usually involves tearing down fighters instead of celebrating accomplishments.

The sport is still so young. I don’t think you can properly discuss anyone who’s career is still going on or even recently finished. The dust isn’t even close to settling to have these types of discussions.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Early first round KO? Wow, I fully expected a smother fest for at least two rounds.
Bader said at the presser that they practiced that exact scenario over and over.
Fedor keeps his hands low so Bader said he waited for the right time to throw his first punch and knew it might end it.

Mir in the pre fight analysis called it too.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Mir in the pre fight analysis called it too.
Not only did he call it, he did it in Chicago.
And, Bader gave one to King Mo in his first gp fight.
Everything Fedor needed to know came in the GP.
Can't teach an old goat new tricks I guess, Or old ones, because he used to keep that hand high.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I wish GOAT talk would end for everybody. It’s such an irrelevant title to hand out. I don’t think it’s even a fun thing to talk about because the conversation usually involves tearing down fighters instead of celebrating accomplishments.

The sport is still so young. I don’t think you can properly discuss anyone who’s career is still going on or even recently finished. The dust isn’t even close to settling to have these types of discussions.
I think the GOAT convo and the way it changes over time is always fun. It's purely fun in fact as it means literally nothing. The fact that the list of contenders has remained relatively stable over the past decade is proof that it's a worthwhile conversation. Fedor will be the GOAT Heavyweight for awhile, even as his GOAT status overall falls into question.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I think the GOAT convo and the way it changes over time is always fun. It's purely fun in fact as it means literally nothing. The fact that the list of contenders has remained relatively stable over the past decade is proof that it's a worthwhile conversation. Fedor will be the GOAT Heavyweight for awhile, even as his GOAT status overall falls into question.
Less than a year ago half the Moran's here claimed Stipe is the greatest he of all time

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
Ted Williams was the last guy to hit .400 in the MLB. He did so in 1942. He is not better than Mike Trout, who will likely never even come within 40 points of a .400 average. Fedor might be the best fighter in comparison to his competition ever, but let's not pretend that the game is the same as it used to be.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Ted Williams was the last guy to hit .400 in the MLB. He did so in 1942. He is not better than Mike Trout, who will likely never even come within 40 points of a .400 average. Fedor might be the best fighter in comparison to his competition ever, but let's not pretend that the game is the same as it used to be.
You could argue Fedor faced it at its hardest due to fully unrestricted roiding in Pride, but agree. Technique is more sophisticated, even at HW.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
You could argue Fedor faced it at its hardest due to fully unrestricted roiding in Pride, but agree. Technique is more sophisticated, even at HW.
I can see that, and I don't mean to disparage Fedor, but in that case he had the same opportunity to use that the others had. I would be shocked if Fedor was clean for his whole career. Why wouldn't you juice in Pride?

M

member 3289

I can see that, and I don't mean to disparage Fedor, but in that case he had the same opportunity to use that the others had. I would be shocked if Fedor was clean for his whole career. Why wouldn't you juice in Pride?
If you didn't juice in Pride it's because you're a retard

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015

Triggered.

Someone makes this post every time discussions like these appear. And it makes no fucking sense. At all.

When is it ok to talk about the GOAT? 50 years? 75 years from now? And why can talk about it then, because in 50 years after that the sport might have evolved and someone else might be better?

GOAT discussions are just discussions over who is the best so far at any given point in time, obviously.

JerryCranberry

Jan 22, 2019
Triggered.

Someone makes this post every time discussions like these appear. And it makes no fucking sense. At all.

When is it ok to talk about the GOAT? 50 years? 75 years from now? And why can talk about it then, because in 50 years after that the sport might have evolved and someone else might be better?

GOAT discussions are just discussions over who is the best so far at any given point in time, obviously.
I just gave my opinion on the subject. I didn’t call anyone stupid for discussing it, nor did I say that people couldn’t. I think I explained my view pretty clearly. A handful of people even agreed. If you don’t, that’s fine.

I don’t think I could have been more calm in that post. I think you are interpreting it wrong if you consider that “triggered”.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I just gave my opinion on the subject. I didn’t call anyone stupid for discussing it, nor did I say that people couldn’t. I think I explained my view pretty clearly. A handful of people even agreed. If you don’t, that’s fine.

I don’t think I could have been more calm in that post. I think you are interpreting it wrong if you consider that “triggered”.
Of course, your post was very measured and calm.

I am a deranged nutcase, on the other hand.