Society So, Why Are You Worried About Getting the Covid Vaccine?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
... specifically. I see more than a couple members here talking about how they aren't going to get it, but barely offer up any sort of rationale for what their concern it. Shit, we're even having issues getting health care workers here to take the thing so I'm looking for a little insight. I often hear "Well, it was rushed." and that's a valid point, but we used rushed products all the time, so why is that a major concern? I'm of course willing to hear any and all reasons, that's just a single example.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
If it ain't broke don't fix it
Immune system

Also read up on Leaky Vaccines, and where previous mRNA Vaccines had previously run into problems in long term trials in animals
Many extremely bright folks have voiced concerns regarding the above two topics.

For me it is about if it ain't broke don't fix it

This Vaccine will likely lead to Vaccine Passports in some places and that will lead to loss of liberties for some...that eventual outcome is unacceptable to many.

I think it is great that some(health care workers included) are not interested in being told, guilted, or being required to be vaccinated regardless of effectiveness.
What a person puts in their body is not something to be taken lightly.

This virus is a non threat to the vast majority of people, so why should the vast majority of people become vaccinated against it?

Flame away if you want.

Last edited:

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
If it ain't broke don't fix it
Immune system

Also read up on Leaky Vaccines, and where previous mRNA Vaccines had previously run into problems in long term trials in animals
Many extremely bright folks have voiced concerns regarding the above two topics.

For me it is about if it ain't broke don't fix it

This Vaccine will likely lead to Vaccine Passports in some places and that will lead to loss of liberties for some...that eventual outcome is unacceptable to many.

I think it is great that some(health care workers included) are not interested in being told, guilted, required to be vaccinated regardless of effectiveness.
What a person puts in their body is not something to be taken lightly.

This virus is a non threat to the vast majority of people, so why should the vast majority of people become vaccinated against it?

Flame away.
So, what specifically is your outcome of concern?

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
So, what specifically is your outcome of concern?
Loss of Liberties via Vaccine Passport is a Concern.

I made a list of some concerns I have heard others voice in my above post.

My immune system has been exposed to it, and Covid lost. Not interested in getting vaccinated...Not worried or concerned about covid at all.

If your looking for me to pretend to be concerned or worried about the injection itself then it isn't gonna happen, I just don't let folks tell me what to put in my body.

FYI Seems like most here are wanting to get vaccinated, or already are vaccinated so you might not get many responses to your topic.

Last edited:

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
My wife regularly works with mRNA in the lab, minimal risk in her opinion so I'll trust the professionals over randoms on the internet.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Just a quick search from today's headlines:

and this is supposed to be the safest of the options and the one that doesn't mess with mRNA / DNA .....lol

What are the long term side effects ...guess we will find out in a year -2 - 3 years ....if there is serious side effects? ....then what will be said? Whoops we made a boo-boo ...sorry....

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
The vaccine itself isn't all that concerning. I say get one if you want one. That way you're protected from those who choose to not get it. Win win.

If you're vaccinated and you're protected. It should be a dead issue. You're good to go. Why pressure others who want to live risky?

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Just a quick search from today's headlines:

and this is supposed to be the safest of the options and the one that doesn't mess with mRNA / DNA .....lol

What are the long term side effects ...guess we will find out in a year -2 - 3 years ....if there is serious side effects? ....then what will be said? Whoops we made a boo-boo ...sorry....
MRNA vaccines don't mess with your DNA...

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
Got my first dose on Friday.

I have no issues with it except for the constant noise in my head that sounds like a dial up modem, and the strong desire to conform.

rmenergy

Posting Machine
Mar 27, 2021
There’s a solid chance that my employer will require it at some point so I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Like a previous poster already stated, I don’t like the vaccine passport idea & the long term impact is still unknown.

My wife had the Pfizer version. First dose she had a softball hanging off her shoulder. Second was a bad headache but that was it.

One of my dispatchers has a 29yr old daughter that’s a nurse. She was bedridden for a week & thought she would die after the booster. Same with a family friend.

I rarely ever get sick. I’m 43 with no pre-existing conditions that would put me at risk, other than the damn weight I put on when the state closed my gym, way to go there asshats.

I’m not the most trusting person anyway. But when the government takes away the ability for me to seek damages if the vaccine kills my wife, that makes me even less trusting.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Loss of Liberties via Vaccine Passport is a Concern.

I made a list of some concerns I have heard others voice in my above post.

My immune system has been exposed to it, and Covid lost. Not interested in getting vaccinated...Not worried or concerned about covid at all.

If your looking for me to pretend to be concerned or worried about the injection itself then it isn't gonna happen, I just don't let folks tell me what to put in my body.

FYI Seems like most here are wanting to get vaccinated, or already are vaccinated so you might not get many responses to your topic.
So you don't want the vaccine because you don't want a vaccine passport?

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Got my first dose on Friday.

I have no issues with it except for the constant noise in my head that sounds like a dial up modem, and the strong desire to conform.

The explosive diarrhoea is worth it for the piece of mind.

T

The Big Guy

I'm not really opposed to it but am curious about the long term effects if any. Seems like half these drugs made by pharmaceutical companies cause issues and then theres cases of people getting covid even after they take the vaccine so I'm not sure what's happening with that

I'm just sitting back and watching it unfold

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I didn’t think i needed it, but i got the vaccine. I’m not in the high risk age or health categories so i probably would’ve just waited a while. I don’t typically get the flu vaccine and i seldom get sick. However, my mom has lots of health issues. She got the shot and the only way i can visit her again was to get the shot. If that means I’ll grow a thumb from my forehead later, oh well. At least I’ll get to spend time with my mom while i can.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
My only concerns with the vaccines are they are emergency use authorized, and not fully approved by the FDA.
Couple that with the companies behind the vaccines which don't have the greatest track records, and are proven to be a bunch of greasy fucks.

When it's offered to my demographic I will more than likely get it, haven't gotten polio yet! It's not like they haven't pounded millions upon millions of dollars into research and development of this particular vaccine.
I think the argument about not needing it because you have an immune system is a moot point.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
The vaccine itself isn't all that concerning. I say get one if you want one. That way you're protected from those who choose to not get it. Win win.

If you're vaccinated and you're protected. It should be a dead issue. You're good to go. Why pressure others who want to live risky?
Definitely don't even attempt to answer the very straight forward question.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i just aint fuckin doing it.when somebody tells me i have to do something my default setting is fuck you .i pretty much stopped paying attention to covid about 6-8 months ago

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
i just aint fuckin doing it.when somebody tells me i have to do something my default setting is fuck you .i pretty much stopped paying attention to covid about 6-8 months ago
I should add, that I feel the exact same way about the shot, but also recognize that it's not really a tenable position so I figured. "Let's ask around and see if I can rationalize this, or if it's just 'But I don't wanna.' "

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I’ve heard several people use that same reason. My cousin says he’s not a sheep. He won’t wear a mask or get the vaccine.

The other big one i hear is that the vaccine was too rushed and some people don’t think there’s enough data to know if it’s safe.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
The other big one i hear is that the vaccine was too rushed and some people don’t think there’s enough data to know if it’s safe.
I tend not to give that one a lot of merit because although it's a valid point when you say "So what do you think will happen?" the answer is invariably a shoulder shrug.

M

member 3289

theres cases of people getting covid even after they take the vaccine
Two weeks after your first dose of an mRNA vaccine, you have roughly 50-80% immunity. Two weeks after your second dose, you have full immunity.

The only cases I've seen have been within ~1 week of the first dose, when the body hasn't built up any immunity yet.

M

member 3289

I can immediately recognize a person's level of education when they talk about vaccines. College-educated people have, for the most part, been vaccinated with at least one dose or will be soon.

People who dropped out of high school will often question the vaccine and cite pseudo science they read on Facebook or saw on YouTube.