Solo: A Star Wars Story

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Trailer comes tomorrow but there's a teaser playing during the Super Bowl.

Here it is for anyone else like me that isn't watching football.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
It looks like Star Wars but a non Ford Solo is going to be a very hard sell.
Not very excited for a young Lando either.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
this comes out this year!!!! GOD IT IS AMAZING TO BE ALIVE. non-stop goodness in our lives!!
Yes. We're getting a new star wars movie every year. Solo this year. Episode 9 in 2019 and another "star wars story" in 2020.
Then we have a Rian Johnson trilogy to look forward to. Lots of star wars to come.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
I am hopeful for this one. It has a good cast. Alden Ehrenreich was great in Hail, Caesar.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
Not bad, but I've been mislead by trailers before.
I stopped watching the trailer cause it looked so awesome and I don't want more spoilers :)

I thought it was gonna be a series though, a bit disappointed to discover it's another movie

edit : Oh there's going to be a few movies ... well that makes things a lot more interesting :cool:

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I stopped watching the trailer cause it looked so awesome and I don't want more spoilers :)

I thought it was gonna be a series though, a bit disappointed to discover it's another movie

edit : Oh there's going to be a few movies ... well that makes things a lot more interesting :cool:
It's a stand alone like Rogue One. They're doing a few under the "star wars story" line.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
It's a stand alone like Rogue One. They're doing a few under the "star wars story" line.
I hope Admiral Ackbar gets a couple too, would be great to see them focus on the war and the large scale battles.

Really looking forward to Rogue Two. It's been great for Star Wars fans to have so much content, was a sad run from the cancellation of the Clone Wars animated series to the release of The Force Awakens. The Disney animated series was pretty weak overall.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Yes. We're getting a new star wars movie every year. Solo this year. Episode 9 in 2019 and another "star wars story" in 2020.
Then we have a Rian Johnson trilogy to look forward to. Lots of star wars to come.
Fuck Rian Johnson.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
He's better than JJ.
He's by default, a slightly better "storyteller" than JJ (only because JJ cannot tell a straightforward story).
However his 'Star Wars' movie is a worse 'Star Wars' movie than JJ's 'Star Wars' movie.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Really looking forward to Rogue Two.
Go see "The Last jedi" - that's "Rogue Two". (Ignore all references to Skywalker and it's a great "Rogue 2").....

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
He's by default, a slightly better "storyteller" than JJ (only because JJ cannot tell a straightforward story).
However his 'Star Wars' movie is a worse 'Star Wars' movie than JJ's 'Star Wars' movie.
I thought Last Jedi complimented the originals better than Force Awakens.
But really they're only parts 1 and 2 to a whole story.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
I thought Last Jedi complimented the originals better than Force Awakens.
But really they're only parts 1 and 2 to a whole story.
But the way they're going, the third part isn't going to fix the problems the second part created.... which is what I expected it to do after Force Awakens.
I actually think Last Jedi went very much against the originals.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
But the way they're going, the third part isn't going to fix the problems the second part created.... which is what I expected it to do after Force Awakens.
I actually think Last Jedi went very much against the originals.
I've seen a lot of complaints about Luke giving up but what else was a slap in the face for the original trilogy?