Solo: A Star Wars Story

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I actually enjoyed this one.
Pretty good Star Wars movie. Just okay for a Solo movie.
What's his name did a decent job but it's like watching a tribute band instead of the real thing.
Lando was good but I hope the rumours of his own movie are just rumours.
Good job done with Chewie as well.

MyrddinWild

Feb 15, 2018
I scrolled down to the comments to avoid all posts. For someome who isnt a huge Star Wars fan, but enjoyed Force Awakens, is this worth viewing?
Yes, the movie stands on its own.

Obviously there's a deep connection to Star Wars & so there's a ton of easter eggs... but I would think the movie is still rocking without even knowing the history. I think someone can watch this movie having never seen another Star Wars movie... & it will be a fun ride in itself.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
I finally saw it - after an adventure with mice in the theater. Each row was on a different level. My husband and I decided we would actually stay and watch the movie if there was only the one mouse on the lowest level, and we just moved up a row to the 4th. But then another one showed up in the row we had just vacated, and we said, ok, we're done. They tried to get us to stay and see another movie - Ocean's 8 or something. We were just like, no. They gave us our money back and luckily we were still able to see the movie that night somewhere else.

I really enjoyed it. Agree about the tribute band thing, but they did try to get some of the mannerisms down. I appreciate why they cast Lando that way but the height difference kept throwing me off - nowhere near as bad as casting Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher, but for some reason I was conscious of it in pretty much every scene he was in.

Loved the end (won't spoil). Did not love the way the girl was written and directed. It seemed a little off. Also there was too much "you don't know what I've done" and not enough finding out details, although given the ending we can guess.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
Loved the end (won't spoil). Did not love the way the girl was written and directed. It seemed a little off. Also there was too much "you don't know what I've done" and not enough finding out details, although given the ending we can guess.
The way she was handled for most of the movie was awful, felt like she was a tacked on bit of eye candy. Would've much preferred to see her "corruption" play out throughout the film, flesh out the bad guys character some more plus hint at the hidden leader of the Crimson Dawn rather than just throwing him in at the end to setup another movie, and from what I'm reading that's likely to be in the Boba Fett movie rather than a Solo sequel, Crimson Dawn spinoff or Darth Maul movie.

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
Haven't seen it yet. Out of curiosity-- was the cast diverse(racially)? Were all spectrums represented equally? Were they progressive/demographically astute enough to include an obvious homo or tranny? I bet they didn't have any Pygmies or Eskimos. They should have.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Haven't seen it yet. Out of curiosity-- was the cast diverse(racially)? Were all spectrums represented equally? Were they progressive/demographically astute enough to include an obvious homo or tranny? I bet they didn't have any Pygmies or Eskimos. They should have.