General Song says pickup trucks are for mongoloids

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Dude, Mrs Beard's lease was coming up so we went in to get her a new car. They gave us 2 grand for the lease return. 2 grand for a car we didn't own. It's fucking lunacy.
Really is quite silly

I am the type of guy to pay it off in a couple years so I prefer to not lease

I looked at Ford and Toyota today...leaning Toyota as of now

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
What do you need a truck for Rambo John J @Outlaw Shit ?

I don't mean that existentially, I mean it literally. What you plan to do with it impacts recommendations.
Tow 2,000-2,500lb trailer 3 days a week, rest of week no trailer just drive to job site with a full bed of tools.
Prefer long bed

Mostly flat land driving, some rough road(logging road) stuff about twice a month

On days off, it will be recreational and capabilities will be nice

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Tow 2,000-2,500lb trailer 3 days a week, rest of week no trailer just drive to job site with a full bed of tools.
Prefer long bed

Mostly flat land driving, some rough road(logging road) stuff about twice a month
Any full size will do it, but the gas will be an unnecessary expense. Tundra will have better resale than most other full sizes.

Tacoma should handle the job pretty easily, but the 3.5 in the 16-up lacks some of the down low torques that the older 4 liters had. That being said, with a manual it might be a non issue so I'd recommend test driving. I don't like manual Tacos personally, I find them clunky. But I also don't like manuals as a general rule.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Any full size will do it, but the gas will be an unnecessary expense. Tundra will have better resale than most other full sizes.

Tacoma should handle the job pretty easily, but the 3.5 in the 16-up lacks some of the down low torques that the older 4 liters had. That being said, with a manual it might be a non issue so I'd recommend test driving. I don't like manual Tacos personally, I find them clunky. But I also don't like manuals as a general rule.
SongExotic2 @SongExotic2

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Thanks beard. I do enjoy the control of a manual. Mostly because I have driven so many, it's just hard to leave them.

The demand is so high here nothing lasts for more than a couple days, and there are very few manuals coming thru here. It is either order one or pick off one of the few models that fit my wants/needs that come thru here...or buy a previous leased one for nearly the same price.

When did the down low torque 4 liters stop?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Thanks beard. I do enjoy the control of a manual but I have driven so many it is just hard to leave them.

The demand is so high here nothing lasts for more than a couple days, and there are very few manuals coming thru here. It is either order one or pick off one of the few models that fit my wants/needs that come thru here...or buy a previous leased one for nearly the same price.

When did the down low torque 4 liters stop?
2015 was the last model year. 2016 introduced the 3.5 with the direct injection. It actually has more horsepowers and torqueses but they're further up the RPM.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
2015 was the last model year. 2016 introduced the 3.5 with the direct injection. It actually has more horsepowers and torqueses but they're further up the RPM.
Ok
Thanks

Those fuckers probably cost an arm and a leg because of that 4.0 even with mileage

I will ask more questions later maybe, your input is nice.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Pro tip, my gas milage in my 5.0 F150 is better than my 3.5 Tacoma.