General Song says pickup trucks are for mongoloids

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
A bull is a male cow.

A bull doesn't have tits.

Its the perfect analogy for the picture.
it only makes sense if the female cow has tits. Otherwise you might as well say "doorknobs on a bull"

I grew up on a farm. My mom raises cattle. Try again with someone else.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
BeardOfKnowledge @JorgeMasvidalsBeard I’m looking for an opinion/comments here. It is almost time for me to replace tires and shocks on my F150 (20 inch wheels). My truck is not the FX4, but it is 4x4 and didn’t come with the “premium” shocks on the higher package. Shocks are getting pretty shot from lots of off road and construction sites. Truck came with Dynapro AT3 all terrains, but with almost 60k on them they are about toast.

firstly, I am not looking for a big lift kit, or probably not even a full leveling kit. For the shocks I was looking at the Bilstein 5100’s. If I wanted to raise the front, I could with those.

for tires,my first thought Is BFG KO2s. I have used those twice before and loved them on my Tacoma. Have also been looking at toyo open country’s. Also looked at the Nitto, but I don’t like them as much (based on zero experience with them).

like I said, I’m not looking to go huge with a lift or 35s, but I think I do want to go plus one size taller (275/55 20 to 275/60). I also did that on the Tacoma and liked it with the BFGs. I have also thought about buying some 18inch wheels to have a little more rubber on the sidewalks, but not sure I want to deal with all of that.

thoughts/opinions on said proposed improvements?

edit: I will add that mudding isn’t my primary use, but I do have to deal with some mud at times. It is more jagged rock and limestone ranch trails that tear up my tires, and torn up construction sites with lots of gravel and bull rock

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
BeardOfKnowledge @JorgeMasvidalsBeard I’m looking for an opinion/comments here. It is almost time for me to replace tires and shocks on my F150 (20 inch wheels). My truck is not the FX4, but it is 4x4 and didn’t come with the “premium” shocks on the higher package. Shocks are getting pretty shot from lots of off road and construction sites. Truck came with Dynapro AT3 all terrains, but with almost 60k on them they are about toast.

firstly, I am not looking for a big lift kit, or probably not even a full leveling kit. For the shocks I was looking at the Bilstein 5100’s. If I wanted to raise the front, I could with those.

for tires,my first thought Is BFG KO2s. I have used those twice before and loved them on my Tacoma. Have also been looking at toyo open country’s. Also looked at the Nitto, but I don’t like them as much (based on zero experience with them).

like I said, I’m not looking to go huge with a lift or 35s, but I think I do want to go plus one size taller (275/55 20 to 275/60). I also did that on the Tacoma and liked it with the BFGs. I have also thought about buying some 18inch wheels to have a little more rubber on the sidewalks, but not sure I want to deal with all of that.

edit: I will add that mudding isn’t my primary use, but I do have to deal with some mud at times. It is more jagged rock and limestone ranch trails that tear up my tires, and torn up construction sites with lots of gravel and bull rock
Can't say much for the shocks, but I have a set of the KO2s and they're great for winter driving. Bit of road noise as they have really aggressive tread, but not enough to really notice or be a deal breaker

20210515_081119.jpg

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Can't say much for the shocks, but I have a set of the KO2s and they're great for winter driving. Bit of road noise as they have really aggressive tread, but not enough to really notice or be a deal breaker

View attachment 36912
I had two sets on my Tacoma, and they were great. Good lifespan for what I do to them. The tires that came stock on my truck have been mediocre, I’m kind of glad they’re worn out now.

I have never had the other two brands I mentioned, so no idea how good they are

The BFs were my first thought as I started searching around

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I had two sets on my Tacoma, and they were great. Good lifespan for what I do to them. The tires that came stock on my truck have been mediocre, I’m kind of glad they’re worn out now.

I have never had the other two brands I mentioned, so no idea how good they are

The BFs were my first thought as I started searching around
My truck came with michelins that were more expensive than the BFs but were shit in the winter.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
My truck came with michelins that were more expensive than the BFs but were shit in the winter.
I have a buddy trying to convince me to just put a set of BF MT tires on. I know they have tons of grip, but I feel like it’s overkill a bit for me. I spend a lot of highway time going between sites. He’s philosophy is “the one time you actually need them, they’re worth every penny”

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I have a buddy trying to convince me to just put a set of BF MT tires on. I know they have tons of grip, but I feel like it’s overkill a bit for me. I spend a lot of highway time going between sites. He’s philosophy is “the one time you actually need them, they’re worth every penny”
Personally don't see any reason to put mudders on a vehicle that spends most of it's time on the highway

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
if you dont need a truck you are probably a bitch. everybody has to move or make runs to the dump, buy lumber or other large items that wont fit in a KIA . if you want to pick up a couple yards of soil for the garden you can either load up the truck or pay to get it delivered by someone else in a truck . if you dont have a truck you better have a buddy with a truck because unless you are living in a pod your going to need one sooner or later. vans fucking suck. they are every bit as hard on gas as a truck but the have huge blind spots and handle like dog shit . plus a van automatically makes you look like a kiddy diddler . how tf are you going to haul shit that is longer than 8 ft in a van? i load people up with 12-14 ft trees in the back of pick ups all the time and send them on their way with a little red flagging tape. i use my truck for shit all the time. i am going to haul a bunch of shrubs out to my moms house and plant them for her today (travel restrictions be damned)

My car looks like this.

I own a goat and a sheep, I have a bunch of yard.

My little grannie car costs nothing to run, parks anywhere, and has a towbar. I have a trailer. I throw a bunch of hay bales in it on the regular. I have half a dozen of them sitting in the shed at home right now. Problem?

??

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
My car looks like this.

My little grannie car costs nothing to run, parks anywhere, and has a towbar. I have a trailer. I throw a bunch of hay bales in it on the regular. I have half a dozen of them sitting in the shed at home right now. Problem?

??
thats cool. you dont get snow for 5 months of the year

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
My car looks like this.

??
But where do you hang the truck nuts?