Sonnen-Machida set for Bellator MMA show at MSG

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

It’s been known since February since Chael Sonnen would be fighting former UFC champion Lyoto Machida on a Bellator card, but now we have a date and venue.

ESPN’s Ariel Helwani reported on Thursday that Sonnen vs. Machida will be part of an event that will take place at Madison Square Garden in New York City on Friday, June 14th. The card has yet to be numbered and broadcast details are not known, but it’ll either be simulcast on Paramount Network and DAZN or air exclusively on DAZN.

Sonnen (31-16-1) advanced to the semifinals of Bellator’s heavyweight tournament, having beaten Quinton Jackson in the quarterfinals, but he lost by first-round TKO against the great Fedor Emelianenko.…

Chael Sonnen vs. Lyoto Machida set for Bellator MMA show at Madison Square Garden on June 14th

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Machida looked pretty good in his Bellator debut. How does everyone see this one playing out?

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
Machida looked pretty good in his Bellator debut. How does everyone see this one playing out?
Like every Chael fight as of late, I see Machida having lots of opportunities of knocking him out when Chael tries to sloppily shoot for take downs the whole time.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I think Sonnen has absolutely zero chance of closing the distance.
I could see this happening...

MMA Slam Podcast

Apr 3, 2019
Thinking Machida takes this. He is probably going to be a pain for Sonnen to take down based on footwork alone. And standing Lyoto is better. Sonnen can for sure win if he scores takedowns, maintains top control, wash rinse repeat for the entire match. Don't think that's gonna happen. If Machida is on his A game, he should shrug off those takedowns and beat Sonnen up on the feet. Maybe even stoppage for Machida. Fun fight though, both legends!