Sonnen on Jon Jones: You either cut the guy completely or shut up

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Chael Sonnen doesn't agree with the UFC's decision of simply taking away Jon Jones' belt. He believes something more drastic should've been done or nothing at all.
Imagine that, Chael going against the grain right? lol
Most people think the decision to strip Jon Jones of his UFC belt after his recent hit-and-run incident was the right call by the UFC and it would teach a lesson to Jones and all other fighters in the roster.

Chael Sonnen, however, is not like most people.

In an exclusive interview for Tatame, Sonnen confessed not be a fan of what he considered to be a half-measure decision made by the UFC.

"Taking away his belt was one of the options on the table, but I don't think it was well thought through. What will they do to Jon Jones now? Put him on preliminary cards? It's weird. You either cut the guy completely or shut up".
So what's your thoughts? I'm not sure I get what Chael is saying here. Does he really think the only options are, cut him or bring him back on prelim cards? No. You suspend him, force him into a minimum 30 day rehab program, let the legal process play out, start to rebuild his public perception thru the media, and then bring him back for a title fight in 6-12 months. I don't see this as being as cut & dry as Chael says.

LINK: Chael Sonnen on Jon Jones: 'You either cut the guy completely or shut up' - Bloody Elbow

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Chael should be last to talk about someone elses punishment...He got his ass beat with ease and is slimey in his own right..God he fucking annoys me with his noble funny guy shit...I use to like his personnen (see what i did there)..Go talk shit about Tanner again you bitter Runner-up hypocrite..

P

Punch

Chael should be last to talk about someone elses punishment...He got his ass beat with ease and is slimey in his own right..God he fucking annoys me with his noble funny guy shit...I use to like his personnen (see what i did there)..Go talk shit about Tanner again you bitter Runner-up hypocrite..

MahatmaPetey

Feb 26, 2015
I don't necessarily agree, but I see where he's coming from. If he's fighting for the title in 6 months after this whole thing dies down, then that's not really much of a punishment. The lost sponsorships and missing out on one payday certainly stings, but lesser fighters have been fired for much less. At the same time, firing him was never an option. Stripping and suspending him is the right call, but kind of the bare minimum of what they could get away with. The UFC's treatment of its fighters is inconsistent at best, and that won't be changing any time soon.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Fuc-ing agree with dis........

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Cutting your best fighter wouldn't be wise, imo. Bellator would be quick to step in and scoop him up. The ufc wouldn't be able to claim they have the best fighters if bellator signed one of the best of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I like Chael for the most part but sometimes he should just be quiet. He got away with some things and I don't like the holier than thou attitude he gives off at times.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I like Chael for the most part but sometimes he should just be quiet. He got away with some things and I don't like the holier than thou attitude he gives off at times.
Facking agree........there is no way I can agree more

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I love you