General Sore losers EH

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Meh I respect the winner's mentality. A Swedish player in the World Juniors took his silver medal off and threw it into the crowd just a month or so ago. Everyone jumped on him and said it was disrespectful, but I love the "first place or nothing" mentality in athletes. Imagine if in the UFC they said "and please congratulate your runner up fighter" and the ref tried to raise the hand of the loser. How many fighters would graciously accept that?

Also, a medal game should NEVER be decided by shootout. It's retarded. Play until someone scores. It's not sour grapes, I think USA would have won in overtime anyway because they were playing better overall, but it's a garbage way to win a medal.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Also, a medal game should NEVER be decided by shootout. It's retarded. Play until someone scores. It's not sour grapes, I think USA would have won in overtime anyway because they were playing better overall, but it's a garbage way to win a medal.
This I agree with.
Same thing with penalty kicks in soccer.

That would be like deciding a baseball game by having a HR Derby.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Meh I respect the winner's mentality. A Swedish player in the World Juniors took his silver medal off and threw it into the crowd just a month or so ago. Everyone jumped on him and said it was disrespectful, but I love the "first place or nothing" mentality in athletes. Imagine if in the UFC they said "and please congratulate your runner up fighter" and the ref tried to raise the hand of the loser. How many fighters would graciously accept that?

She will probably get 10 mil from JT for having her feelings hurt.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
This I agree with.
Same thing with penalty kicks in soccer.

That would be like deciding a baseball game by having a HR Derby.
I agree, hockey is a little different in that the goalies typically walk out there with plenty of size and tons of equipment and a glove that can reach the fucking vending areas but soccer/football is a fucking joke.....they don’t even let the goalie come off his line...when that mother fucking whistle blows, you should be able to do whatever you want and not wait for homo boy to play games running up to the ball......

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Educate yourself. Canadians are allergic to silver. The medal was burning her, she kept it on as long as she could.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
And let us not forget we kicked the canuckleheads asses in curling too.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Also, a medal game should NEVER be decided by shootout.
Absolutely.

Other than that, I think it's good to show respect to the winner by taking it like a man (or woman). Take your loss, respect the winner, and learn from it. A tantrum will not get you any further.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
I don't really consider it a tantrum to take off the medal. It'd be different if she stormed out or start throwing things, etc.

But obviously nobody wins silver in hockey, you lose gold, there's a lot of pressure to win because we've won 5 times in a row, so I can understand her actions.