Sports Sources: Angels, Trout near new $430M deal

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hong Kong Phooey

Spreading The Coronavirus one Corona at a Time
Feb 12, 2015
STATS DOLLAR AMOUNT
GP $222K
AB $61K
H $199K
HR $973K
RBI $364K
SB $1.2M
Month $3M
Week $692K
Day $98.6K
Hour $4.1K
Minute $68

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I saw trout da god on sunday and it was glorious.I missed the press conference though because I couldn't get to anaheim all the way from redondo beach by 3 pm.

quick trout story.this fan dropped his glove on the field when the dodgers center fielder pollock was on the field and he just gave the kid the arrogant pro player I aint throwing that back look. when mike trout came on the field a guy worth half a billion. he actually stopped doing warm throws with his right fielder ran a few hundred feet from second base to the wall and threw the kid back his glove some thing he could have not done at all but did anyways great person he is.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
At least Trout should have a few decent years left. To be fair if Alex Gordon is worth 20 million I dont think its a stretch for Harper or Trout to be paid more
They definitely are worht the money per year. The problem is tying money up in guys in their late 30's and 40's.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
They definitely are worht the money per year. The problem is tying money up in guys in their late 30's and 40's.
I agree with you when it comes to nearly every major leaguer in history other than Mike Trout. They had to keep him. If it's not Trout at 27, don't offer anyone 10+ years.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
If I'm the Angels I'd rather pay him the same money with fewer years.
I completely agree with that. The issue is that with a generational talent like Trout, he would have gotten 10 years when he became a free agent in two years. This is kind of just them getting ahead of the inevitable and taking care of the one bright spot their team has had in recent memory. Thankfully, they are building the farm system and Albert's contract is up after the 2021 season. I am not even an Angels fan but I want to see Trout in the playoffs frequently.